Looking for a 26inch touring tyre

patrickza

I need to pick up a new rear tyre and my priorities for it are durability and puncture resistance. Not too phased about weight or offroad grip as I seldom leave the tarmac.

What do you guys recommend? If I was overseas I'd likely pick up a schwalbe marathon plus, but I haven't seen them anywhere locally. Is there something equally good I can get here?

Looking for a 26 x 2.00 size.

Thanks

Which Schwalbe are you refering to as I see many on CRC? Asking as I'm also looking for a good 26", currently using my Maxxis Crossmarks to commute to work, but they are not going to last long on the tar.

But why don't you join a CRC group order? Will be cheaper than local.

Nice tires, perhaps I should look a those. Was going to get some Town & Countries but no good reviews on the interwebs since they moved production to India.

Which Schwalbe are you refering to as I see many on CRC? Asking as I'm also looking for a good 26"' date=' currently using my Maxxis Crossmarks to commute to work, but they are not going to last long on the tar.

But why don't you join a CRC group order? Will be cheaper than local.[/quote']

I was looking at the marathon plus tour: http://www.schwalbetires.com/marathon_plus_tour

Very durable and very puncture resistant and on lots of sizes. Might be a tad heavy, but on my commuter I'm not worried about weight. Anyone know of a local distributor?

No idea what's happening with the CRC group order, any links?

I use the Continental traffic, Heavy and durable. I have taken them off my bike now as my commuting bike is going to be my "other" mountain bike.

Also running crossmarks back and front now (I Had a spare)