Expander bolt for carbon steerer

divernick

Any advice on which headset adjuster is a nice one to use and where to get one at a fair price? R95 for the FSA one below from CRC but I want one NOW so that can install my new rigid carbon fork!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/150/2218.jpg

Most have a bolt inside to expand the thing against the steerer. You have to remove the top cap bolt completely and then usulally you can see the head of the tightening mech. Most LBS have them from cheap (around R50) to not so cheap. I prefer the ones with a rubber surface as they tend to slip less.

KCNC have got smart ones. Just don't know if Paragon bring them in :huh: , like most of the KCNC bling kit that they don't !! :thumbdown:

Dont the use star nuts? ........ or are they only used on steel/alloy steerers?

As far as I know, star nuts are no good for carbon steerers

Starnuts NOT on carbon forks.

Those listed in your picture divernick works well.

You should be able to find them at any bike shop?

KCNC have got smart ones. Just don't know if Paragon bring them in :huh: , like most of the KCNC bling kit that they don't !! :thumbdown:

I have a KCNC one and it works and looks great :thumbup: Got it from Deon at Cyclefunatic, Durbanville. Think I paid R100 for it.Then again AndreZA is in JHB :thumbdown:

I have a KCNC one and it works and looks great :thumbup: Got it from Deon at Cyclefunatic, Durbanville. Think I paid R100 for it.Then again AndreZA is in JHB :thumbdown:

I also have one on mine. R100 is about right.

I got an ITM expander that looks a lot like the pic divernick through etxeondo (manny) - try him. He is up that area :thumbup:

Then again AndreZA resigned