Front Fork Upgrade

VincentBikes

I want to upgrade my front fork on my XC bike and I have the option of the Fox 32 F120R as they are on special at CRC. Any advice from the hubbers as to any other shocks to go for?

Cool, that fork will work on that bike. You can look at RockShox Reba 120mm or Tora (will be the cheaper option of the three).

Any of those will serve you well but if you can afford it go for the Reba.

I have a specialized xc pro, and it came with the Reba. My thumbs up for the Reba. Don't really know any other forks, but its been cool to me!

On this matter.....is it better to get the 100mm Reba and extend it to 120mm or the U-Turn version...which of the two is more reliable. Which of the two are stiffer. Thanks.

Dude, I just got the Reba myself from CRC. A nice xmas present to myself. What an upgrade! Light and sooo smooth. It came with a handlebar lockout that's a winner. I got the dual air version and once i got it pumped, it's been plug and play. Can't believe I waited so long to upgrade! Here's a cool link on setting up the Reba

http://forums.mtbr.com/blog.php?do=showentry&e=1646&enum=1

Enjoy

If I remember correctly, all those fox shocks come standard with that QR15( can't remember the right term) quick release, so it means a new hub if u have the skewer type.

Mmm, I'm also looking at the F120 R but can NOT find a review for it on the net.... Maybe my searching skills are lacking

The fork is going for a real song though on CRC, R2870 before VAT and handling etc but still, should not come to more than R3200! I'm wanting to upgrade my Recon Race single air on my Santa Cruz Superlight.

While it does have the 15QR I'm also looking at getting the Hope Hoops which come with the adapter for the larger axle.

Is there a difference in a 100mm fork overall length and a 120mm travel fork overall length? ie replacing a 120mm with 100mm?