Epic comp carbon or Epic Marathon

mark ellis

I thought I was set on the Epic comp carbon, but now have started wondering if it would be worth building up the Epic Marathon frame using all my stuff off my Merida (XT)

I do marathons and stage races when I can, would one of these be better than the other for this?

Also a bit on the heavy side at the moment 95, down from 107 in december, is this somthing to keep in mind?

As far as I know MARATHON is just the name.I had an Epic expert comp with XO and the frames are the same (aluminium) just different spec. Carbon frames have also pretty much same geometery just diff types of joining(welding) I am your weight and ride a Scott Spark Rc (carbon) It is up to what you want. ALU OR CARB. Have decent insurance with carbon.

Why not go for the Stumpjumper, more comfortable and just as quick, it'll also fair better for your weight, the Epic is an all out race machine...

Why not go for the Stumpjumper' date=' more comfortable and just as quick, it'll also fair better for your weight, the Epic is an all out race machine...[/quote']

Second that.

Hi yes the SCOTT RC is a bullet.SO quick to get going and if you read up on their carbon set up, it is awesome. I went for this because I could not take the rip off of the Spez price anymore. Also the 2010 RC has a PATENTED lock out wich locks out the front and rear shock simultaneously.Also better is you have three levels of suspension 110mm for trail riding 80 mm for Xc racing and full lock out. I know the full Sram XX RC is R60 000 and the frame is R39 999. If you do go SCOTT you will save BIGGG and get a top notch machine. Good luck.