Honda Mountain trophy

mark ellis

just seen this event and really keen on doing it,

does any body know if it has individual riders or only teams?  or who orgaises it?

Could not find any contact details on the supercycling website or on the google internet blog??

Also saw that yesterday. Quite keen. A stage race where you can go home after the first stage. Would be nice as my first one.

thanks I have been there, but not sure if the stage race is just for teamsm thats what I am trying to find out but there are no event organisers contact details anywhere

Hi there

Welcome to the newest and most exciting thing to happen to mountain biking, THE HONDA MOUNTAIN TROPHY.

This two-day mountain biking event promises to be an exhilarating experience and will take place over the weekend of 1 and 2 May 2010.

So what makes this event so special? Based at Maropeng, in the heart of The Cradle of Humankind, the event is one of a kind as we have managed to negotiate with the land owners in the area to gain exclusive access to some of the most fantastic and unbelievable riding trails ever.

See below for more details.

A Bit More Detail and How to Enter

The Honda Mountain Trophy promises a fantastic offering of single track, plus some challenging off-road, and of course some good technical aspects. We will be making good use of tracks and trails which have previously only been used for private events.

On these farms you will be riding amongst some amazing wildlife such as Zebra, Wildebeest and even Rhino.

Entries open on 10 March, and will close once we have a full field of 350 entrants.

Day 1: 75km of exhilarating riding, beautiful views, a few hills and much more (Start time: 07.00)

Day 2: 40km of even more unbelievable riding. (Start time: 08.00)

Cost R375-00 per entry. This is for both days and is not a team event.

Entry Includes:

Goodie Bag with Race T-Shirt

Lunch after each stage ? a special braai for each entrant on both days as well as a beer tent to ensure you are able to quench your thirst

Special bike-wash after the stages

Live entertainment all weekend

Race medal

Beer garden

For more information on the event and how to enter visit www.mountain-trophy.co.za.

CLICK HERE TO ENTER

This is a Pre-Entry event and NO entries will be accepted on race day.

The 2010 Cradle Festival

While you are sweating it out, Maropeng will host the inaugural 2010 Cradle Festival.

This will take place from Friday the 30th of April, to Sunday the 2nd of May. It will also include a trail run offering runners an option of 5km, 10km and 20km. Plus there will be live entertainment and activities for the whole family.

But more about that later.

The Honda Mountain Adventure: Sunday 2 May

If you think The Honda Mountain Trophy is a bit much for you, why not come on Sunday, the 2nd of May and try The Honda Mountain Adventure.

This will be the same 40km route used for stage 2 of the Honda Mountain Trophy, offering you fantastic single track, some challenging off-road, some good technical aspects and loads of wildlife.

Entries open on 10 March, and will close once we have a full field of 350 Entrants.

Cost R 175-00 per entry.

Start Time: 08h30

Entry Includes:

Race T-Shirt for all pre-entries

Live entertainment

Goodie Bag

Our Legendary Sunday braai

Race medal

Beer garden

CLICK HERE TO ENTER

This is a Pre-Entry event and NO entries will be accepted on race day.

The Honda Mountain Kiddies Adventure: Sunday 2 May

Here?s one for the kids. The Honda Mountain Kiddies Adventure is just what you need to keep your kids busy on Sunday the 2nd of May 2010.

This is a short 3km assisted ride, not a race, designed to be a fun event where moms and dads are welcome to walk along. The kids will be led around a short circuit within the immediate vicinity.

Entries open on 10 March, and will close once we have a full field of 100 entrants.

Cost R 50-00 per entry.

Start Time: 09h00

Entry Includes:

Kiddies Medal

Kiddies Playground

For more information on the events and how to enter visit www.mountain-trophy.co.za

Queries

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

You can also contact Neal Corbett at the office on 011-463-7730, or mail us on info@leveragecorporation.co.za

Chat soon

Rob Jackson

I've entered the sunday event, (working Sat-Disapprove)

you know it'll a be a great event because anything Rob Jackson does (eg Magalies Adventure) is always awesome!Thumbs%20Up

• 2 weeks later...