Ullrich slams former teammates

superman2007

Posted on 10 July 2007 - 17:29

http://images.supersport.co.za/UllrichJan070331ConferenceRbg.jpgJan Ullrich criticized former teammates Rolf Aldag and Erik Zabel for "acting like saints" once they had admitting their doping past.

Ullrich, who won the Tour de France in 1997, was one of several riders kicked out on the eve of last year's race after being implicated in a Spanish doping investigation called Operation Puerto. A sample of Ullrich's DNA was later matched to one of the blood bags in the doping affair.

Several former riders of Team Telekom - including Zabel and Aldag -recently admitted they used EPO during the 1990s while riding with Ullrich, who has retired and denies any wrongdoing.

"To carry on working they need to confess their error," Ullrich said in an interview with sports daily L'Equipe. "It makes me laugh, because I know they spoke about my case while acting like saints." Ullrich was particularly angry with Aldag.

"When I heard Aldag talking nonstop about me on radio or on television, I was really outraged by his attitude," Ullrich said. "He made a lot of money because of me. If he found it so dirty, why did he never give it back?"

Ullrich said he also threatened to publish his thoughts about Aldag in a book.

"I could not take it anymore." he said. "Ullrich was the only word on Aldag's lips. So, I sent him a text message saying that if I wrote a book, he would be the main protagonist.

"That must have got to him, because since he has never spoken badly about me."

Ullrich also poked fun at the world of cycling.

"I don't ride my bike anymore. Why? Because it's a sport full of doping," he was quoted as saying. "No, I'm joking."

The former Olympic champion says he just wants to be left alone.

"I've nothing to say, my career is over. I'm just Jan Ullrich, a normal citizen," he said.

Der Kaizer says he's only a normal citizen?  NEVER!!!  Viva Der Kaizer!!!

I found it amusing at the team presentation in London when T-mobile came up they went through a bit of the team's TDF pedigree, omitting all wins that have a doping taint to them 96,97; all Ulle's second places while riding for them as well as Zabel's green jerseys. wolverine2007-07-11 02:05:20

Der Kaizer says he's only a normal citizen?  NEVER!!!  Viva Der Kaizer!!!

He may be a normal citizen now, but was never a "normal" cyclist - he was just to good for that.... doping or no doping Jan will always be my cycling hero...

and its true what he says, a lot of people got very rich because of him and now they are the "holy cows" Dead

You've got to respect the man - he screwed up, has been banished, and is not trying to pretend he is something he isn't.  Let's wait for the book to come out, that should be interesting.

You've got to respect the man - he screwed up

agreed, as far as I'm concerned they ALL screwed up

now that we agree on this - i think it is time that Poison admits the real reason she replied on this thread.....

it was to try and get close to the hot stuff, right????? Wink

Ullrich secretly wishes he was me and thats why he retired, gives him more time to be like me.... Big%20smile

Fook

Too Hot is that you!!!!

I thought you would never come back.

Welcome back mate smiley31.gif

Are you joining us on the 28 july for the hub ride???

Fook
Too Hot is that you!!!!
I thought you would never come back.

Welcome back mate smiley31.gif

Are you joining us on the 28 july for the hub ride???

Hi Kona, thanx for the pm's by the way - i appreciate the support

I unfortunately wont be able to make the 28th, i am heading back to CT on Friday, hopefully will meet up with some of the other great ppl (including you) on the hub in the near future.

Until then, thanks mate, see you on the hub more often.

What a rider!!! If only he had a brain!!!! LA would have been lucky to get 7!!

And will power!

now that we agree on this - i think it is time that Poison admits the real reason she replied on this thread.....

it was to try and get close to the hot stuff' date=' right????? Wink

Ullrich secretly wishes he was me and thats why he retired, gives him more time to be like me.... Big%20smile
[/quote']

awesome dude, you are back, excellent move! Thumbs%20Up

happiness and humor on the hub again (hopefully).

Clap

ApproveApproveClap

Clap

[/quote']

TooHot, I don't need to get close to the "hot stuff" I'm "hot" all by myself....WinkEmbarrassed but is't no secret I've always been a huge Ullrich fan.

Glad to hear to heading back to CPT the place was just tooo emty without uWink 

[/quote']

TooHot, I don't need to get close to the "hot stuff" I'm "hot" all by myself....WinkEmbarrassed but is't no secret I've always been a huge Ullrich fan.

Glad to hear to heading back to CPT the place was just tooo emty without uWink 

aaah poison .................... ur the poison to my antidote Wink

See ya'll soon

[/quote']

awesome dude, you are back, excellent move! Thumbs%20Up
happiness and humor on the hub again (hopefully).
Clap
ApproveApproveClap
Clap

but of course

us legends must stick together...

Thanks mateSmile