KENDA KARMA CRAP

Windhond

Hi. I  recently had a set of Kenda Karma tyres fitted. After about 2 weeks the bike was standing in my spare room when at 3 am the rear tyre exploded. Cleaning Stans Sealant from walls floors and ceilings at 3 am is not my idea of fun. Anyway took the bike in and the shop recieved immediate permission to replace the tyre by the suppliers. They also appologised and said that there has been a problem with the tyres. Anyway two weeks later and straight after a ride the sidewall of the front tyre collapsed. It just blew this massive balloon out of the side wall. Right so back to the bike shop we go. Call the suppliers and they tell the bike shop to replace the tyre they also confirm that the problem tyres are sorted and the tyres at the bike shop are 100%. On Friday 80 km into a 120km training ride I have a spectacular failure of the rear tyre. Big sidewall failure. Im 40km from home on some gravel road and my wife has to fetch me. It resulted in my having to carry my bike for 5 km to a recognisable tar road otherwise my wife would never have found me. Bottom line is Im fitting other tyres today. Have any other hubbers had such negative experience with Kenda?

Does this not have to do with the so called warning from Kenda that sealants like Stans can cause delamination of their tires?

What about the issua with kenda not being able to tack some kinds of slime.

Kenda spesifically states that one should not use slime in the tubeless tyres, but it is only slime containing some ingredient.(Can't remember which one)

I've been using Stans sealent in my Kenda Nevegals for 2 weeks now.

Jip this could be the problem, just spoke to bike shop and it is possible that the GEAX sealant that I am using is stuffing them up. Anyway I put Conti tyres on.

wich contis did you put on Windhond? i have the speed kings on my hardtail at the moment and i cant say im very impressed im looking at putting new tyres on and till now i was gonna put the Karmas on.

maybe i must go with the racekings?

If you wanna go Conti, you can look at the mountain king or race king. I had Race King back and Mountain king Front for S2C and it worked pretty well. Not much grip in the mud with race King though

Ja I put a Race King on the rear and a Mountain King on front. Been raining here so I will go test them this afternoon.

I think the Conti's also have a disclaimer regarding sealant, so make sure you use the right one.

I've used Race Kings and Joe's sealant with no issues whatsoever.

I used Race Kings front and back for S2C and I think the lower rolling resistance more than made up for the "fun and entertaining" handling in the mud LOL

AFIK kenda doestn endorse sealant use with their tyres.

I only rode a set once and cut the tyre so bad that it was totally flat in about a meter or so, sealant sprayed everywhere.  couldn't find what caused it though...