Rims Advice

Grim

Hi

My wife got me a voucher from Cycle Lab for new rims for my mountain bike. I have a full sus Commencal bike. I am doing the Wine2whales and Natro this year, so i need a strong reliable rim. Any advice from fellow hubbers out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Well ZTR olympic's is a light and reliable pair. I have a friend who build them with American Classic hubs and he has done 3 epics and very other stage races without a bend or buckle.

Very good set of wheels.

vey open question that.

I'd say ZTR 355, training on a pair now that ive been using a long time and my uncle used them before that. Not light nor really heavy, works great making normal tyres tubeless. 

What riding do you do ? Your weight ? do you want UST or not ? 6 bolt or CL ? what spokes/hubs were you thinking of ?

Above should help the techies give a better opinion

Other choice if you have got the buck is a pair of CrossMax SLR's. Best MTB wheelset I have ever seen. And it is tough.

But olympics are very customizable, so you can rig them to your liking

ZTR olympics with American classic hubs? Super light combo, but too trustworthy if you ask me...

ZTR olympics with American classic hubs? Super light combo' date=' but too trustworthy if you ask me...[/quote'] O crap the "not" got lost. I mean they are "NOT" trustworthy...

ZTR for lightweight, Mavic 819 for strength

Most NB is how well it is built...

I don'y weigh anything so I can ride on Classic hubs, but for the heavier guys maybe DT Swiss or Sun Ringle Superfly's like on the Goose's