compatibility?

L'Bie

Maybe I am the exception but I am sick and tired of a poor operating XT rear deraileur. I just can not get it to shift up AND down every time. So I am considering mu options. Money is tight and a complete new setup is not possible. BUT I have had my eye on the SRAM X9s for a while now. The big question is if the SRAM will work with the Deore rapid fires?

Anybody??

SRAM rear derailers work with shimano trigger, but not grip-shifts as far as I know. have your LBS check it for you

No , you would need shifters as well.

Sram 1:1

Shimano 2:1

I have never heard of an XT not working properly, have you tried new cables ?

This has been discussed quite a few times. It won't work. They have a different ratio system. However I have some X9 shifters going for a song. They are 2008 and in very good order. R250.00.

Not at all compatible. I can not see why you can not sort it out. Either your cables are busted or you frame/derailleur hanger is bend.

You can always try Microshift. It's on Planet-x-bikes.co.za

What's wrong with your XT?

If I get the downshift to work with every click, the upshift sometimes require two clicks before it shifts. If I get the upshift to work, the downshift sometimes want two clicks before actuation. Its a pain.

I checked the cables - clean and smooth without bends or nicks.

I asked for the Hangdown allignment to be checked - OK

BUT

This weekend I stripped and uppon reassembly, I checked movement without the chain. It is clear that the responce up/down is not linear. THis explain the behaviour. What I don't understand is that I bought the bike new and it did this from the beginning if at a lesser extent, but it slowly became worse. I now hate it!

This has been discussed quite a few times. It won't work. They have a different ratio system. However I have some X9 shifters going for a song. They are 2008 and in very good order. R250.00.

Where are you located?

im no techie but heres my 2c - is the cage of the derailler ok ? did you not maybe fall over and its now skew ?

also have you tried playing with the barrel adjusters by the shifters, maybe the cable is slightly slack and is causing the bad shifting

Isuspected the ratio is something to take note of and hense the question. Thanks for all helping to make that very clear.

I heard that XT is good and if I look atr how many bike are out there with XT and appearant happy cyclist, then something is definately off on mine. That is what I am trying to establish hoping soemone out there had a similar experience. I guess I'll have to get a second opinion!

i'm having a similar problem. i have xt shifters and a acera derailers. and i kow where the proble lies. i need a new hanger. is ever so slightly out of square. and that is causeing bad shifting., if i bend the hanger it improves.

try a new hanger before you go to the expense of a new system.

just my 2 cents

There is nothing wrong with that derailer. The problem is in the cable, anchor bolt or hanger. Have someone competent look at it and sort it out for once and all. XT derailers usually outlive their owners. My XT and I have a dice on....

i'm having a similar problem. i have xt shifters and a acera derailers. and i kow where the proble lies. i need a new hanger. is ever so slightly out of square. and that is causeing bad shifting.' date=' if i bend the hanger it improves.

try a new hanger before you go to the expense of a new system.

just my 2 cents

[/quote']

Hanger is fine and aligned. the lbs checked it in front of me!!