Specialized Fastrak Pressures

Bike Mob

Anyone Running Spesh Fastrak 2bliss tires....

What do you weigh and what pressures are you running?

I'm 65kgs and I run them at 1.8 front and 2.0 rear.  Less than that and you risk dented rims. More and they tend to wash out at speed.

Great tyres IMO.

55kg and running 2.0 front and back. I've been really impressed after changing over from my (tired) crossmarks. Are you guys using different tires for muddy conditions?

At 72 kg's I run mine at 2.1 bar on the 26 inch and 1.9 on the 29 inch.

The S-Works version I ride a little higher, 2.2 and 2.1 respectably.

I got my bike with them on the front and rear, but found I didn't have enough grip on things like rocks / roots etc.  Now running a Captain on the front and it makes a huge difference.  I find the Captain works well for all conditions (sandy, muddy, rocky).   Will switch back for the non-technical races though as the Captain is diffinately a slower rolling tyre than the fastrak.

Oh and I run my pressure at around 1.9

I got my bike with them on the front and rear' date=' but found I didn't have enough grip on things like rocks / roots etc.? Now running a Captain on the front and it makes a huge difference.? I find the Captain works well for all conditions (sandy, muddy, rocky).?? Will switch back for the non-technical races though as the Captain is diffinately a slower rolling tyre than the fastrak.

Oh and I run my pressure at around 1.9
[/quote']

The Captain front and Fastrack rear is a superb combo.

Cool it seems I need to run these at 2 bar plus.. for my weight I will try them at 2.2 and see how things go.

I know the sidewalls are quite soft so you cant run them at 1.8 for my weight.

I weigh 80kg, and run mine at about 2.5/2.8. +/-   Remember pressures gauges on pumps can be very inaccurate!!!!!!

These are great tires, however, they do seem a little prone to small sharp stones cutting the tread.

55kg and running 2.0 front and back. I've been really impressed after changing over from my (tired) crossmarks. Are you guys using different tires for muddy conditions?

I've used them in the mud at Sabie and Barberton and they were fine.  Their only real weak spot is wet roots.  For wet roots Scwhalbe Nobby Nics are the bomb.