Specialized Fastrak Pressures

Bike Mob

Tokai doesnt really have a lot of loose rock and stuff so 1.8 should be cool. I doubt at that pressure I will ding the 29er rims either.

i also have them on my other set of wheels.. man oh man.. roots and ruts.. and i used to wash out alot with them..

but they worked leke at 2.2 front and 2.4rear i weigh 85kg's...

i feel like a fat b compared to u skinny buggers...

Tokai doesnt really have a lot of loose rock and stuff so 1.8 should be cool. I doubt at that pressure I will ding the 29er rims either.

Also run these on a 29'er, run 2 bar front and 2.05 rear. Used them in alot of conditions at this and they're one of the better allround race tyres around.

-- Oh yeah, I weigh between 75 and 80 somewhere

Sounds very similar to me.... I just feel like the front is a bit sketchy in the slow loose stuff... singletracks and hardpack are dialed in perfect.

Sounds very similar to me.... I just feel like the front is a bit sketchy in the slow loose stuff... singletracks and hardpack are dialed in perfect.

Well, if you ride the slow loose sections faster then it should grip better because they grip really well in the fast stuff?

What sort of slow loose stuff? Muddy, loose over hard?

Loose over hard

Nice logic tho...hahaha!

I haven't found many tyres that grip properly in loose over hard terrain, currently got a mountain king 2.4 on the front and I don't find it a whole hell of a lot better to be honest.

Yeah i was riding them in the epic and felt like I was having problems, so i watched other riders riding the same stuff, and figured out they were going as slow and balance compensating just the same as me, only the pro's like Nico Pfizenmeier (sp) seemed to chuck it in and ride.

Maybe I just need to gain more confidence in their biting point, and ride out the slide. I have been concerned with it since I got my new bike but the change in stem and forward balance really helped.

I actually now realise when I'm asking too much of the front tire and putting too much forward pressure, brakes and suspension... so I adjust my balance and let the brakes go and things get better.

Loose over hard

Nice logic tho...hahaha!

I haven't found many tyres that grip properly in loose over hard terrain' date=' currently got a mountain king 2.4 on the front and I don't find it a whole hell of a lot better to be honest.

[/quote']

That, my friends, would be the holy grail of tyres.  The company that can make a tyre that grips loose over hard properly will make a few Rands.

Bit off topic, but I like my 26'' maxxis aspen tyres, they make a 29'' as well that got good reviews from the US mtb action mag, maybe you could try those some time if they are available in SA...

Yeah i was riding them in the epic and felt like I was having problems' date=' so i watched other riders riding the same stuff, and figured out they were going as slow and balance compensating just the same as me, only the pro's like Nico Pfizenmeier (sp) seemed to chuck it in and ride.

Maybe I just need to gain more confidence in their biting point, and ride out the slide. I have been concerned with it since I got my new bike but the change in stem and forward balance really helped.

I actually now realise when I'm asking too much of the front tire and putting too much forward pressure, brakes and suspension... so I adjust my balance and let the brakes go and things get better.
[/quote']

Yeah, I ride with Pfitzi every now and then, he's good fun, sometimes just force it and deal with the fallout afterwards.

I think I'll just run 1.8 front and 1.8 bar rear and chuck it till I fall over.

Thanks!