Which Bibs and where to buy

oclv110

Hi Guys

I am doing the Joburg2C race the end of the month. What bibs can you recommend and where is the best place to buy.

Recommendations will be appreciated.

My mate used giordana at epic this year and got serious saddle sores...ASSOS only way!

Rather buy 3-4 pairs a of great brand and wash every second day then buy 9 pairs of lower quality...

Any yes I do own 2 pairs of top Giordana body clone and mavic hellium and specialized RS10...they good but not good enough for long 8/9 day multi day events!!

Just my 2c

Giordana, had one ride with mine thus far. Solid stuff! Got mine from local cycling store, I know Cajees have some  (but they are pricey sometimes).

Have a look at Etxeondo too, if not better than Assos then just as good an a bit cheaper - Bruce Reyneke Cycles 012 3621628 or Singletrack Cycles - 012 8092123.

I recommend you ride with different bibs as they seem to chafe and put pressure in the same spot - I will be riding Etxeondo and Assos mostly.

See you there...

Bibs are such a personal thing, what works for one may not necessarily work with someone else.

Personally, I rate Assos as being in a league of their own. You get what you pay for.

Look at slick. Saw them at cape argus expo. They have a seemless bib for around R2800 I think.

Anybody use these. I got a jersey from them and really like the material.

Stewie - seamless is nice and comfy I suppose, but I have had a couple of seamless bibs (i.e. chanois glued onto fabric) where the glue did not hold out and I had to chuck often very expensive bibs in the bin...

Good old thread is better in the durability contest!