DSTV Criterium International Reply

Hector

This is the reply I got from DSTV when I bitched about them switching cycling to football.

The times received from ASO International were until 5pm, as per schedule.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

However, the stage overran by 50 minutes, affecting broadcast of the Arsenal match. The controllers had already missed some football, but the call was then made to go to live football given the status of the match. With stage 2 of the race on Sunday, as well as a highlights package Saturday evening, there was the opportunity to catch up on any of the missed action.

SuperSport apologises for the inconvenience, but this is the nature of live sports programming.

Kind regards,

Clinton van der Berg

SuperSport International (Pty) Ltd

Communications Manager

Tel No: +2711 686 7637

Cell No. +27(0)83 297 4677

Fax No.: +2711 886 5329

E-mail: clinton.vanderberg@supersport.co.za

www.supersport.com

Well they about have a dedicated rugby channel, showing the weeks super14 games over and over.

A channel for IPL.

And 6 channels showing soccer.

How much soccer can you watch a the same time?

They'll shift every other programme because of soccer running late but not if cycling runs late for football!!!  Go figureConfused

Live in France - cycling takes over tv from now on.  Except they do have a habit of having one day's racing switching between 3 channels.

Totally undestandable,They would rather deal with some spandex claded guys (I know we are tough, some oke did the Epic in spandex), than some insane Soccer hooligans that will come and torch the Multichoice building. DSTV also did us a favour, think what a Hooligan will do the next morning when he sees some cyclist riding 3 abreast  and he is coming from the Bar. So in hindsiight , thanks Multichoice.

Well I'm glad that we can see it again plus watch Paris Roubaix this weekend. A couple of year's ago we couldn't even watch the TdF on Flopsport. Anyway, it would be nice to have Eurosport on DSTV, we have ESPN already ???

A similar thing happened with the repeat of the Bahrain GP a few weeks ago. Two hours were allocated for the race and interviews. The broadcast started 6 laps into the race as they had to fit in adverts before hand. It seems DSTV are inflexible with their programming.