Bayers Naude Incedent

ziegie

Angry 

To the cyclist who was banging on my wife?s window this morning , swearing at her and telling her you ? will take her out? while my kids where in the car, you are a coward and asshole

It is people like you that shouldn?t cycle

Maybe you need to be taken out

OK, Here is her side of the story

No arguing that there are always two sides to a story, however I wished that the cyclist concerned asked me my side first before repeatedly banging on by window, trying to open my car door, threatening and swearing at me in front of my kids.  In the hope that he will read this and for everyone speculating, here goes 1 side of the story ? I were travelling down Beyers Naude this morning on a straight piece of road when I saw the 3 cyclist in front of me almost in the middle of the left lane, I moved over half way into the middle lane at which time I recall passing two of the riders, however a taxi indicated to move into this shared lane and with a taxi in front of me I had no choice but to move back into the far left lane passing the cyclist or facing the taxi.  When I stopped at the robot the incident occurred I got so scared that I decided to get myself and my kids out of the situation, fortunately there was no car in front of me so I drove off over the red light to get away. As far as I am concerned that was my only traffic offence, no wait I also drove over two lanes to accommodate the cyclists. This is not about being a man or a woman but about innocent kids having to lose some of it over behaviour that should not be tolerated in our society.  I am not ignorant about how dangerous cycling can be I am married to a cyclist after all! Hoping to hear the other side of the story.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is disgraceful behavior. Unfortunately it is these few which give the rest of us a bad name and cause motorists to be intolerant to us.

Not to undermine the disgraceful behaviour you've just described, but what happened to bring on such an outburst? There must be two sides to the story...

No unfortunately not, apparently there were 3 of them, but the other two just stood there watching

There must be two sides to the story...

3 actually, from party 1, from party 2 and the truth. smiley4.gif

Actually there are always three sides to a story. Your version, their version and the truth.

I don't believe anyone will behave in such a way 'just because'. Perhaps your wife was not looking and turned in front of him almost taking him out, in which case I would also bang on her window so that she would catch a wake up.

Not to undermine the disgraceful behaviour you've just described' date=' but what happened to bring on such an outburst? There must be two sides to the story... [/quote']

No ways does this justify this type of behaviour - against a woman, and kids in the car.  These cyclists give general cycling a bad name.  We have got to start naming and shaming these "cyclists" that behave like this.

No ways does this justify this type of behaviour

I didn't say it does - in fact I agree, there are many different, better ways that this could have been dealt with. I'm just curious to know what happened. I highly doubt the guy randomly stopped and had a fanny wobble for no reason.

Angry 

To the cyclist who was banging on my wife?s window this morning ' date=' swearing at her and telling her you ? will take her out? while my kids where in the car, you are a coward and asshole

Maybe you need to be taken out[/quote']

Ziegie, not to take any sides and I understand that you are boiling with anger; surely a cyclists will not just bang on a car's window and saying "take you out" without any reason .... yes the cyclists should not also have taken advantage of bullying a women with her kids in the car ....

Cyclists must realise that in order to gain respect on the road is to give respect to motorists first ....

Actually there are always three sides to a story. Your version' date=' their version and the truth.

I don't believe anyone will behave in such a way 'just because'. Perhaps your wife was not looking and turned in front of him almost taking him out, in which case I would also bang on her window so that she would catch a wake up.
[/quote']

Too much aggresion out there guys!!  Maybe just point and indicate to the person to "look" if that is the case.  This aggresion just breeds more aggresion.............Still no excuse to threaten a woman and kids...........maybe the idiot has an inferiority complex to threaten woman and kids.....................a "bully wating to come out".............

Guest Big H
Angry 

To the cyclist who was banging on my wife?s window this morning ' date=' swearing at her and telling her you ? will take her out? while my kids where in the car, you are a coward and asshole

Maybe you need to be taken out[/quote']

This is exactly why cyclists should have a visble registration number on their bicycles so they can be identified or reported for future claims, criminal or civil cases etc.

I also CANNOT believe that some people are now already justifying or questioning the reason why the "poor innocent peace loving cyclinst" would have had a reason to commit such a cowardly act.

Next time the lady may have a loaded 38 Special waiting for you and your family will grieve and the Hub will run riot on how bad motor car drivers are!!!!!!!!

Guest coenie

Not to undermine the disgraceful behaviour you've just described' date=' but what happened to bring on such an outburst? There must be two sides to the story...

[/quote']

I agree with you....there allways are....mostly 3, His, hers, and then the truth

Ever heard of womens lib or equal rights?

I'm not condoning violence against wimmen folk or children but as mentioned there is always at least 2 sides to a story.

I'm not ashamed (nor proud) to admit that I did once verbally tell 2 ladies where to go to in not so polite language thru the drivers window after they "jumped" a yield sign nearly taking me out.

Yes ithey deserved it and No I had no intention of actually trying to harm them.