What to do????

Sarge

Hi,

Cycling is the only sport where participants are killed or maimed on a daily basis and nothing is done about it. Is it just the nature of the sport or the attitude of the people that we share our space with? What can we do to improve things for ourselves, apart from going off road.

If it was soccer, rugby or any other sport there would be a national inquiry to look into the problem. I do not think the people in power realy care!!

Regards

Sarge

true but how?

one of the way's will be to take all the unroadworthy vehicles off the road (when driving around count them its shocking) + all the people driving without license

there will be little number of taxi's left on the road after this

I'm sure if there are less vehicles on the road makes it less traffic less anger makes more safe driving

We've got the force to do that but it seems they got only one mission in life that why they called speedcops and not traffic officers

true but how?
one of the way's will be to take all the unroadworthy vehicles off the road (when driving around count them its shocking) + all the people driving without license
there will be little number of taxi's left on the road after this

I'm sure if there are less vehicles on the road makes it less traffic less anger makes more safe driving

We've got the force to do that but it seems they got only one mission in life that why they called speedcops and not traffic officers

and less traffic means faster drivers!?

true but how? one of the way's will be to take all the unroadworthy vehicles off the road (when driving around count them its shocking) + all the people driving without license there will be little number of taxi's left on the road after this I'm sure if there are less vehicles on the road makes it less traffic less anger makes more safe driving We've got the force to do that but it seems they got only one mission in life that why they called speedcops and not traffic officers

and less traffic means faster drivers!?

Then the speedcops can do what they like to do smiley36.gif

now this is the real deal!  For example, how many snipers do you see hiding in the bushes on golf courses waiting to take out players? Or a wild animal let loose to take random bites of stadium sportspeople?

If you solo freeclimb and fall, well, thats life.  But to be killed just because you dare to take a bicylce out on the road?

Check out my thread - Cyclist Safety - So little support.

There are people out there trying to do something about it. But need the support of the cycling community in order to do it.

Go to:

www.backabuddy.co.za/cyclistsafety and show your support smiley1.gif

have read it too.  even surfing; with man eating sharks all over the place, claims less lives and injuries than riding a bike on the road.  its insane!

Well, i think it may be a low priority on the list of things that need to be tackled.

Not even kids getting raped on a daily basis is getting any priority, so what chance does an elitist predominantly white sport have in the big scheme of things.

Things have been tried in the past, with some big turnouts from events organised here on the hub. I think cyclists have just become tired of p!ssing into the wind, because nothing comes of it and in all probability nothing will. I mean, wasnt the first Argus all those years ago meant to be a protest ride?

Maybe we need to come to terms with this and look for alternatives, like track cycling and MTB.