Christian Vandeveldes Power Files

Interesting... I see he only averaged 237W yesterday. What can we look out for bruce wrt to the power file?

I see he only maxed 799W so Crux would of had him in his back pocket LOL by a couple of meters...

Thanks for this bruce, when Michelle decides to wake up today I can maybe download the *.wko file and import it in to Cyclingpeaks and have a better look, her laptop is locked Smile and I'm not a hacker like Lance.

Read the article on "match" analysis on the power411 section of the Cyclingpeaks website.  I am on the Computrainer at the moment so can only do things with one hand!

Read the article on "match" analysis on the power411 section of the Cyclingpeaks website.  I am on the Computrainer at the moment so can only do things with one hand!
Very interesting, so basically you have to use your "matches" carefully when racing. I need to get a bigger match box!

I suppose this "match" theory would not apply to a TT or would it? I'm thinking that in a TT you would be using one match and depending on your effort(s) over the distance that would determine your outcome.

So basically it's more about consistent power (1 match) over say a 40km TT, or am I wrong? Would you still be using the "match" box theory.
Jason2007-07-13 01:42:10

Noteworthy;

Normalised power for the stage is 306w or 83% of FTP, which for 5 hours is pretty hard going.

FTP ~370w at 70kg or 5.3w/kg

1st 22 mins @ 358w or 5.1 w/kg - 97% FTP - very fast start

After the 60 mile point when they start chasing hard he spends ~96 mins @ 346w or just under 5w/kg - ouch..

For a top pro these numbers are not huge though - for example, Darren Lill's FTP right now is @ 5.6w/kg

BikeMax, I suppose you reading the data off the wko file? I haven't had a chance to look at it. I think maybe you'll get more of an idea through the wko file rather than the interactive one. I'll check it later tonight. I don't have cyclingpeaks and I don't have a power meter and I don't have...*sigh* Cry