Dura-Ace on a Merckx Corsa-01?

LeTurbo

So I just bought an Eddy Merckx Corsa-01 frame from HeartCoppi, and there's nothing sadder than seeing it sitting naked in the corner.

I did want to fit Campy ... but there's a guy I know with a box in his garage containing a full Dura-Ace groupset and Kyrium wheels. He says, "Make an offer".

I don't have all the details about them, unfortunately. Probably about 3 years old, but maybe 100km per week. (They must be pretty top-of-the-range, because insurance paid him out R70 000 when he totalled his last bike.)

So, two questions:

1) In principle, will they work on my new/old bike.

2) What's a reasonable offer, without schnying him or myself?

no more than R8000.  But consider campy on such a machine.  It is just the right thing to do.

I can be wrong but I think the new wheels have longer/wider axles and will not fir in those old frames (not that I know how old that frame is). Other then that you might just want to see if it uses an English or Italian BB.

Mampara, I'm not sure I should listen to you since you moved to the other side and became a ponce. Turncoat!

But Campy comments noted. I was just thinking whether i should buy these bits at a good price, then replace them over time. the original bike seems to have been offered with either Campy or Shimano.

But this is all new stuff to me who still uses a Sachs-Huret Eco ...

If I get Campy, I see other bikes use Chorus or Athena. Which is better?

It will work just fine. The Corsa has current spacing and is newer than you would think. Have no clue on Dura Ace pricing but it won't be out of place on a Merckx considering Motorolla rode Merckx bikes for years with DA groupsets: