Stellenbosch Jonkershoek MTB Trails

Clint Adams

Took a ride through the mountain @ Coetzenburg this morning. I really forgot how nice it was.

Was not a tough a ride as I expected it to be much tougher but it was nice.

Will try to go for a ride tomorrow morning again.

My FELT bike actually really rides nice.

My friend did a good JOB putting this bike together for me.

My Brother was a bit tired but I guess he'll do better next time!

Saw a lot of people riding in the mountain.

Anybody from Idas Valley that rides that trail please let me know!

Jhonkershoek and <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Stellenbosch Mountain (the one at Coetzenburg) is not the same. Jhonkershoek is a nature reserve and foresting area, whereas Stellenbosch Mountain is municipal grounds. Try Jhonkershoek next time, the single-track is awesome and the views spectacular!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Jhonkershoek and Stellenbosch Mountain (the one at Coetzenburg) is not the same. Jhonkershoek is a nature reserve and foresting area' date=' whereas Stellenbosch Mountain is municipal grounds. Try Jhonkershoek next time, the single-track is awesome and the views spectacular!

[/quote']

I will try Jonkershoek hoek next time.

Will definitely try it

Went for another ride this morning. @ Stellenbosch mountain. Was just brilliant.

The Down hill next to the DAM was quick.

I really forgot how much fun this was!

Went for another ride this morning. @ Stellenbosch mountain. Was just brilliant.

The Down hill next to the DAM was quick.

I really forgot how much fun this was!

That dip in the road just at the bottom caught me by surprise a while back, never used to be there before so didnt expect it. was a wonder that i stayed on top of my bike.

Can you get into Jonkershoek with a Wildcard yet?  Haven't been there for years and I seem to remember that, unlike Tokai, they didn't accept Wildcards...

Jonkershoek ans specifically the areas where you ride your bike is manage by the Forestry Department and not Cape Nature or Sanparks. So, no Wildcard access.

Jonkershoek ans specifically the areas where you ride your bike is manage by the Forestry Department and not Cape Nature or Sanparks. So' date=' no Wildcard access.[/quote']

So how does one then get access/permission?