Grrr Another broken spoke!? What to do?

davidtinker

Hi All

I use Easton EC90SL tubbies in races. I broke a rear spoke (drive side) in the Argus (wheel badly buckled) and another rear drive side spoke today (also had to wait for a lift).

I am only 73kg and have done probably less than 600km on the wheels. In both cases the spoke broke at the nipple. The broken spokes were about 120 degrees apart if that makes any difference.

Should I get just the latest broken spoke replaced or replace all spokes or all drive side spokes or what? If I do replace all the spokes which spokes should I get?

Thanks

David

David, a photo of the nipple/spoke/rim area of one spoke will help to identify the problem.

This can be prevented but before I venture out with a cause and rememdy I need to see the nipple areas.

Get hold of Omnico, as they should have replaced the first 2 spokes that went, if not any warranty has gone, also find out what the warranty is as I know if you break 3 spokes in one of their wheels they will rebuild the wheel...

They didn't have any replacement spokes when the last one went (the shop used a different spoke to fix). Also I bought the wheels on eBay (new in box) so I don't think Omnico are going to be interested honoring any warranties ;)