Virtual partner Garmin

Gsxr

Morning all

Please help im looking at edge 500 or edge 305 for MTB but cant seem to decide which one, the 500 doesnt come with virtual partner, to me the vp looks like a cool training tool, am I right or wrong, please give me more info on the vp.

Thanks

I have the Edge 500. I use it for road but in the past I needed my Polar and a cycling computer to get the info I wanted the Edge 500 displays it all and more. You can customise the data fields on three pages and display just about anything. I am extremely happy with mine and would recommend it from a function point of view. And you probably wouldn't need any sensors unless you want cadence as it works with GPS. I have yet to try the feature (only got it on Easter Friday) but you can do a route and then ride against it I think.

The edge 305 also have a Training partner. I have the 305 for almost a year and are very happy.

I use the VP on the 305 and 705 and yes, it is the ultimate rabbit/carrot. That guy can really make you work hard.

GSXR you are correct the edge 500 did not come out with the virtual partner BUT from firmware 2.20 (current is 2.30) they have added the feature, yet to try it myself though...

it is only cool the first time you use it, in my 3 years with edge I have only used it that one time to check it out.

you wont miss it!

Seldom used on the road, mainly only when riding the Suikerbos reserve but I find it's a nice to use on the indoor trainer as it helps to control whether i'm on track with my workout.