mtb: Truvativ GXP bb vs others

kosmonooit

Hi there,?

Something I need clarification on please: is there any differences between the Truvativ GXP bottom bracket standard and all the others external bb's like hope etc (this is mtb)

I am looking at the Truvativ Noir XC 3.3 Team GXP crankset, it specifies the GXP BB but I got a Hope external bb: is it going to work?

Thanks. ?

I just got the chris king BB. Comes with adapters for truvativ.

After 4 BB's from SRAM i am sick of replacing.

Thanks Nobody - whats the diffs then: Truvatic shaft thinner?

I recently replaced my bb with Hope so what to keep that, guess I should find some adapters then.

Thanks - ?any idea where I can get just the Truvativ GXP adapters for standard Shimano type bb locally? I already have nice new Hope bb that I want to use with the new cranks. Where is the best place to order Hope from locally?

My 'old' Shimano XT cranks are going on my everyday mtb bike thats getting a rework after 8 years hard work, will need a new bb for that other option is a resonably priced bb with adapter. Then I will use the adapters as above, although I have an eye on a Hope bb for that as well.

I searched CRC for a bb that includes GXP adapter but no luck, only the Hope Adapter set as mentioned above but no stock right now, and would like to get new cranks sorted for the Giants Castle ride, just that fact that the cranks are carbon will help with the mental aspect of the portage.