Geax saguaro / mezcal

KiNgL

I recently changed tires.

I was so close to getting mountain kings as a lot of my mates i ride with have these tires.

I went down to Johnsons cycles works and viewed what options they had with regards to tires.

After a while i decided to go with a geax saguro on the front set to traction and a geax mezcal on the rear set to speed .(Pauls suggestion)

And wow riding northern farms yesterday i was seriously happy , it is amazing how a tire change can make a bike feel so different.

I never really found much mud to ride but i must say current setup on the single track ,a bit damp and in the looose sand and hard pack these tires were great!!

Previous setup were cross marks which suck in any form of wet/mud .

GEAX i had great traction and great controll on the stoney/rocky downhills

ps fitting the saguaro requires some seriously strong tire levers ! also im not running tubeless.

I love the Mezcals. Haven't tried the Saguaro, but I think it would be perfect on the front, with the Mezcal on the back. Riding Mountain Kings at the moment (from the Epic), but will switch back to the Geax tyres for the more gentle one day races.

why did you change for the epic.? do you think the mountain kings are a tougher / stronger tire than geax? .

I was so close to slapping contis on .but glad i went geax

At the moment I have mezcals front and back ,granted they are fairly worn, but I'm not very impressed with a mezcal up front... back works quite well though.

I ride Saguaro 2.2 UST Back and Barro UST 2.3 front. Brilliant! They are a beast to pull over the rim - XT tubeless rims.

They might be difficult to seat, but if you pump them up too hard they blow off (spectacularly). I has sticky eyelids for two days.....

I rode the 2008 Epic on Mezcals front and back, and they did a good enough job. The Mezcal on the front was a little sketchy though - not that much grip.

The Mountain Kings are great tyres - plenty of grip, and quite tough. The are horrible in the mud, and they also tend to wear quite quickly.

I think it's horses for courses. I would ride Mezcals for races like Baviaans or K2C, but Mountain Kings for "real" mountain biking.

I had Saguaro front and Mezcals back and hated them. Under racing conditions i lost my front wheel many a times. For training never had any issues.

I went back to Conti and will never touch the Geax again.

I ride Saguaro 2.2 UST Back and Barro UST 2.3 front. Brilliant! They are a beast to pull over the rim - XT tubeless rims.

second that, best move i have made, loving it