Fox RP2 v RP23

Wellington

Looking very seriously at getting the Giant Anthem X2.  One of the differences between the X1 (RP23) and X2 (RP2) is the rear shock. 

Is the pro-pedal adjustment feature on the RP23 useful or do most people set it up once, leave it, and then just turn on and off. 

Are there any other differences?

Is the pro-pedal adjustment feature on the?RP23 useful or do?most people set it up once' date=' leave it,?and then just turn on and off.?

[/quote']

Wanted to upgrade the shock on my NRS, I have the RP2. The bike shop guy said not to bother. That some of the setting tend to be a bit washy, to much movement.

Inflated my according to my weight and settings done as well.Just flick it depending on which terrain I ride.Sounds difficult at first,but very simple.

On lock out mine is nearly like a hardtail.Excellent schock.Had too many play on the RP 2

Definitely not worth upgrading from a RP2 to RP23.

Normally just set and forget.

I had an RP23 on my old 2007 Anthem, but now ride the 2010 X2 with RP2. Don't miss the extra settings at all.

Go with the X2; the 2010 spec is more than adequate.

If you have extra cash rather spend it on a nice tubeless wheel set (see if you can make an upgrade deal with the LBS; they keep the spec wheels, which they can sell as new).

The one guy say so,the other one say so.Confusion,confusion.......we can give insight,but we cannot force anyone to make a decision.......We all have different needs.........that's why all women do not look the same............all shocks are not the same...............it is personal..............true self experience will learn the way.We are to advise,not to convince..............the final answer is with the enquirer........That comes with experience.We learn from our own faults,not those made by other............its a vicious circle.

Thanks ML,

Kind of like all those fancy VCR and DVD players that I have purchased over the years with all the bells and whistles, and I only ever ended up using the play,stop and pause buttons.

The X2 comes with SLX hubs and Mavic 317 rims,  so maybe a jump to an XT wheel set could be the winner? 

Thanks ML' date='

Kind of like all those fancy VCR and DVD players that I have purchased over the years with all the bells and whistles, and I only ever ended up using the play,stop and pause buttons.

The X2 comes with SLX hubs and Mavic 317 rims,  so maybe a jump to an XT wheel set could be the winner? 
[/quote']

I got the Shimano MT65 wheels for my X2; great value.

I've also used both and it's more of a physiological thing really to have "the better" shock. Both work perfectly well! Firm, smooth and predictable.

I've also used both and it's more of a physiological thing really to have "the better" shock. Both work perfectly well! Firm' date=' smooth and predictable.
[/quote']

MR visagie!!! Dont touch me on my studio! LOL

I've also used both and it's more of a physiological thing really to have "the better" shock. Both work perfectly well! Firm, smooth and predictable.

Psychological I'm sure? I've got the RP23 on a 5 inch travel bike and it's set fairly soft. I switch to pro pedal (set hard) on flats and climbs. Maybe on a bike with less travel you'd set it stiffer so it would negate the advantages of pro pedal. I wouldn't put my studio on a block saying it's better though.