MTBing in Zwartkops nature reserve?

_Daemon_

Anyone know if you can go ride there?

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2909/zwartkops.jpg

I did not even know there was a nature reserve

maybe to hijack your topic a bit, but in the same line.

I heard they are linking monument and the freedom park, anyone know if they are done with that?

Yeah same here, only noticed it now in Sportracks. Perhaps need to go explore there.

In the same line I heard they are linking Groenkloof to Klapperkop using that tunnel under the road. Anyone know if that will be done soon?

Yeah same here' date=' only noticed it now in Sportracks. Perhaps need to go explore there.

In the same line I heard they are linking Groenkloof to Klapperkop using that tunnel under the road. Anyone know if that will be done soon?
[/quote']

don't think this will happen.  Klapperkop is now officially an "open" reserve, ie no admittance fee.  They  are waiting for the start of the finanicial year (today) to build hiking and cycling trails on Klapperkop.  There are already three zebra on klapperkop, and there are also guards at the cattlegates, and a roving anti poaching patrol.

aah, I wonder then how safe it is to go ride the existing singletrack around klapperkop at the moment.

Looks closed off to me.  Keep us posted if you find out anything, always keen on new riding spots Thumbs%20Up

aah' date=' I wonder then how safe it is to go ride the existing singletrack around klapperkop at the moment. [/quote']

the little I have done on the south face around the golf course indicate that it is rather overgrown.  I think the bit towards the circle from the road will be half track or overgrown.  As always I would be more comfortable with a friend (or at least a slower riderWink).  Even with the guards there is a chance of a "slip in" wanting to take my bike.

I do 40km from Centurion to Gerhardsville through some rural stuff then back past villa mora/laudium and zwartkops racetrack...am wondering if I cross this reserve in the process, cos the route is fairly untouched/ not developed. Would not say that I feel 100% safe when doing it though.

I do 40km from Centurion to Gerhardsville through some rural stuff then back past villa mora/laudium and zwartkops racetrack...am wondering if I cross this reserve in the process' date=' cos the route is fairly untouched/ not developed. Would not say that I feel 100% safe when doing it though.[/quote']

The area just north of the reserve, ie between Ladium and VTH, used to be very nice area to ride with long decents and climbs.  However, the  dump is now closed  and now people are dumping  around the military cemeteries.  It is now an embarassment.

ohhhh...I know where you mean now...I was talking about further out, i.e. on the south side of the racetrack where they fly microlights...but the dumping around centurion is ridiculous, cant understand how people think its acceptable to do something like that

I haven't been to Klapperkop for the last month or so, but as far as I know it is still open to everybody.

As for the area on Knoppieslaagte road, no problems as we fly model aircraft around there and tat road is open. There is nice single track around there as well. Brings you to the area where the circle used to be. No probs there, but will recommend to take a bud along.

As for Swartkops NR' date=' no go unless you go with DF group.[/quote']

Dis nou jammer, is byna op my voorstoep.  Iemand van DF wat vir ons 'n plan kan maak?