Should have taken JL

ShortLegs

Degano has just pulled out after a fall and with his efforts being more than a little inconspicuous this week I'm sure Corti must be kicking himself for denying the young speedster.

Discuss

Would have, could have, should have...Degano were the obvious choice, he's got way more experience than JL. And JL will get his chance!Thumbs%20Up

Nope ... Degano should have been the last choice...but it helps if you are Italian .. John Lee should have been given the oportunity,  there was no way Degano would finish from the very start. he would not have got through the first mountain stage.

Finishing is not necessarily part of the plan for Degano anyway.  He was there to provide support in the sprints for Robbie during the first week.  He was very conspicious in two stages where Robbie was in the top 5 so job well done.

Let it go. If Corti felt JL was ready he would have taken him. The fact that he didn't should tell us something. It's great that we all feel this way about a British registered team that happens to be sponsored by a company that was perhaps founded in SA but has been a multinational for some years. Lets prove that we as SA cyclists are above trying to second guess a man with an extensive pedigree of directing top flight international teams. When JL is ready to play on that stage he will get his turn