How do I clean my camelbak?

Braai Vleis

Hey Guys

Whats the best way to clean a camelbak? I dont feel like spending 400 bucks on the camelbak cleaning kit. I basically just rinse it out with water but i dont think that is the best way?

any tips?

Hey Guys

?

Whats the best way to clean a camelbak? I dont feel like spending 400 bucks on the camelbak cleaning kit. I basically just rinse it out with water but i dont think that is the best way?

?

any tips?

Miltons baby bottle cleaner...... leave it to stand over night and then rinse it in the morning....

use those practice golf balls with holes in to put inside the bladder and hang it out to dry.....

Miltons the way to go . Take a wire clothes hanger and bend the two ends together then slip it into the bag after you have cleaned it . It holds the bag open and airs the inside .

Guest Big H

Put practice golf balls..... those plastic ones with the holes in it, to open the bladder up to dry properly. Mold is your biggerst problem if you do not let it dry properly.

Weak solution of Jik also works if you do not have Milton..... DO NOT USE THE TYPE WITH FRAGNANCE UNLESS YOU LIKE YOUR WATER SPRING BLOSSOM FRESH taste!!!!!!!!

Coke also works, and tastes better than sterident or jik, if you don't clean it properly. I've also used bicarb.

You can use a babybotllebrush to clean the bladder. And flexwire wiith a cloth at the end to clean the pipe "gun barrel style".

I lent mine to a friend and got it back green.

Milton works, and the pracice golfball trick to give it air.

You get Milton's tabs (in the baby section @ Pick n Pay)

Denture cleaning solution (also available in effervescent tabs) leave the bladder with a nice fresh taste.

I buy my water in 25L cans from Oasis water. If the can is empty it cost me R20 for a refill. The water is clean and pure. So I only use that water and I tell you the best thing I ever did.