Tacx Imagic

Chubba

Hey All

Just want some advice, considering no one has a 2nd hand unit to buy i will have to buy a new Tacx Imagic.

CWC have the unit for R6500 and CRC have the unit for R4675

I understand i would pay around 14-16% vat on the item, but does anyone know the duties on this type of item.

Should i purchase the catalyst software as well?

Thanks

Chubba

catalyst comes with it, rather buy the trainer software that allows you to ride route on google earth and ride against other on the web etc.

I have an Imagic and they are great but they are still trainers and it takes dedication and comitment to ride them especially if they cost R6000 excl the steerer.

Thanks for the feedbakc Luke.

I have a Cycleops trainer at the moment and find the lack of information feedback, cadence, speed, distance, time etc a pain. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have no issue using the trainer though, safer to be indoors than on the road nowadays.

I hear you, I got a guy interested in your trainer he will give you a call tomorrow to set up a meeting, I got a sweet deal on my Imagic and I really enjoy it.

Clearly there are no deals, so i will get one from CRC, will set me back R5200. Cyclelab want some crazy amount R10k and CWC are closer to CRC. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Any DVD you can recommend?

Also looking forward to loading my Garmin routes into the unit.

Chubba chat to Cajees here in JHB they got some at good prices.

When you get the unit pm me and I can loan you some of my DVDs I got 6 at the moment and I am going to the UK next month and will pick up a few more there.

I am using the TACX ones I got

Mont Ventoux

Alps classic Marmotte

Iron horse classic Colorado

Passo del Gavia

our of Flanders

Argus

Chubba chat to Cajees here in JHB they got some at good prices.When you get the unit pm me and I can loan you some of my DVDs I got 6 at the moment and I am going to the UK next month and will pick up a few more there.

I'll give them a shout tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Need a new crank, tyres and pedals, so not to fazed about ordering from CRC as i get free delivery.