Specialized Future Shock

sharkysa

I am riding a 2009 Stumpy S-works with the Specialized future shock.

The problem is that the 'Brain' system does not seem to function 100%, you eaither have it soft and thus full travel including bouncing up and down when climbing. Or 'firm' and it behaves like a rigid fork great for tar but not so much on dirt. It is very irritating.

Question - can I get an adpter to swop that fork out for the new SRAM XX lock out forks? I heard the 2010 models can do it but can the 2009 stumpy?

Will more then likely swop my XTR for XX at some point once that XTR stuff looks worn. 

PM me if you find the solution!

The bike I'm using for the JoBerg2C also has this shock.

I lowered the pressure on the shock to accommodate 15-20% slack when on/off the bike, but its indeed very bouncy while climbing! Almost like the 'brain' isn't activated!

If I can't get it sorted myself I'll have to take it to a Specialized dealer.

From what you have described it sounds like its working fine, the "brain" is an inertia valve that will open when you hit a bump, when its firm try bumping the front wheel while standing next to the bike and see how much force it takes to open the valve and adjust accordingly.

Yes,u get an adapter that fits on a normal fork to accommodate for the over sized headset. Deon from Cyclefunatic has one in the shop if I am not mistaken. It is an original specialized part,so it will work perfect. I want to change my fork to a DT Swiss carbon soon. Good luck