Hillcrest and Contermanskloof this Saturday

dirtman

From Tygerberg MTB club

Join us for the most popular ride of the year so far. Meet at the bottom of Majik Forest at 7 am for a ride over to Contermanskloof and back, taking in D'Aria, Bloemendal, Nitida's 'Green Corridor', Hillcrest and Contermanskloof. 40km, +/- 4 hours. A shorter 25km option is available, that will turn around at Hillcrest (2.5hrs).   Optional start at D'Aria at 07.20, where you can join the peloton as it cruises past...

Depending on numbers, we will run two groups, Hares and Tortoises (if you wish to lead either group, let me know).  Bring R25 for a  CK permit, unless you have an annual pass. Non-members welcome, but they must bring R25 for Hillcrest and R25 for CK.  Rating:-MODERATE to DIFFICULT

From bottom of Jip de Jager past substation in Majik over D"aria and Nitida to Contermanskloof via Hillcrest and back to Hillcrest, doing both red and green routes on Hilclrest and then back to Majik are about 900 metres of climbing in total. You need climbing legs to do the whole route! 

Thanks dirtman. Knowing my (lack of) climbing ability, hopefully there'll be enough riders for the tortoise group. Last weekend's race at Riebeeck West was a bridge (hill!!) too far for me.

flymango, I'll be joining the tortoise group for this ride too. At least there will be two of us.

How slow/fast do you mean by the tortoise ride?

Will be an easy pace (jip, I know easy pace can mean anything), but you definately must be able to ride hills, even if it is very slow.  If you can ride the climb in Majik Forest from the bottom of Jip de Jager up through the vineyards and up to the beacon (beacon where the single track starts going down) without having to stop or push your bike, you can ride Hillcrest. 

Going down into Contermanskloof from Hillcrest is downhill all the way, but the problem is to get out of Contermans to Hillcrest again  - there is only one way and it is UP and UP.  If you are unsure if you can make the whole ride or not, ride til Hillcrest and decide then if you want to cross over to Contermans.

Those of you who are going to join the ride on Saturday - please bring the correct amount for the permit(s) with you (R25 Hillcrest and R50 if you are going to ride both Hillcrest and Contermans - Tygerberg members ride for free on Hillcrest and only need to pay R25 for Contermans).  We won't have change and any bigger amounts will be regarded as a donation to trail maintenance.

Hope to see you tomorrow morning.   

thanks a lot for organising the ride. was really great to meet you and was such a awsome ride with really nice people. was a good turn-out. its time to put in a membership application and hopefully will be able to make it through for many more rides.

Thx.

Ross (on my Giant 29er)

Any rides planned for this weekend and for Tuesday next week. ( the public holiday)

Hi Wannabe

Daar is 2 rides die naweek, maar beide beperk tot Tygerberg MTB klublede (sien besonderhede hieronder soos per die Tygerberg nuusbrief).  Jy het laas Saterdag ges? jy gaan die einde van die maand aansluit, waarom doen jy dit nie nou nie en doen een of beide "rides" die naweek  - daar is nog plek op beide.    Gaan na www.tygerbergmtb.co.za. kliek op "membership" en voltooi alles "on-line".  Daar is van die beste single track waaraan jy kan dink in die reservaat - en dit is slegs Saterdag wat jy dit kan ry (en weer in November met die klub se jaarlikse funride)

As jy wil saamry, moet jy 'n e-pos (Engels asb) stuur aan Adrian by mountainbiker@mweb.co.za sodat hy plek kan bevestig.

Sat. 24th April  Tygerberg Nature Reserve Ride  07.00 -09.00  Grading:medium to difficult

Still a few places left for the Ride in the Reserve on Saturday 24th April. You cannot normally ride there, but our friends at Tygerberg Hills have made it possible, and will make us breakfast afterwards...2 laps of +/- 10kms each with quite a few  metres of climbing and spectacular views you never normally get to see...   

Make sure you have your bike board on, and bring R50 for the entrance fee and breakfast afterwards. All proceeds go to the Friends Of Tygerberg Hills.

SUNDAY 25th April.  Another Unique Special Opportunity!  Grading: Easy (maybe!)

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Japie Scholtz of Union Cycles in Brackenfell has secured access to a farm just of <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />

Bottelary Road
for MTB riding and has invited 20 members of Tygerberg to join him and other riders for a ride this coming Sunday morning.  The idea is to see what the farm has to offer and to give feedback to Japie. The ride is free.

The first 20 riders to sent an e-mail to Adrian at  mountainbiker@mweb.co.za can join the ride which will be led by Braam.  The plan is to ride to the farm, starting at 7 am from the BP garage in Kenridge and 7.15 am from the corner of Mountain View and Old Oak Road in the Stellenberg area.  It is about a 15 km ride on tar along Bottelary road to the farm entrance.  The ride on the farm will start at 8 am ? duration of the ride is unsure, but is expected to be about 2 hours.  If you have a bakkie or 4x4, you can also drive to the farm.  The access road to the farm is not really suitable for cars.

Directions and further details will be sent directly to those riders who will participate in the ride.

Dirtman.

Dankie vir info. Kan eers na teen einde van maand aansluit. Sal Saterdag endjie met padfiets gaan ry.

Geniet jul rit.