Securing Garmin Egde 705

Riario

I've read of numerous incidents where Hubbers "lost" there GPS's. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It is also mentioned in a review of the latest Tread Mag that the bike mount is not secure enough.

Any advice on overcoming this?

A picture tells a thousand words

THX

(P)P

What the guys doing the Paris-Roubaix do:

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/tech/probikes/ballan_lampre_wilierpr08/Alessandro_Ballans_Lampre_Wilier_Paris-Roubaix_Special_Garmin_display.jpg

How long do the batteries last in that?

Would be an awful pain to have to constantly change the cable ties to change the batteries. Fine if youre a Pro with a mechanic and and  a cable tie budget.

You can charge it still fitted, the port is situated under a rubber flap at the top. 

You can charge it still fitted' date=' the port is situated under a rubber flap at the top.  [/quote']

If it's connected directly to the stem you won't be able to get a standard USB connector into the port. If it's on the mount and then cable-tied, there may be enough clearance around the stem, but you'll probably have to mount it further away from the handlebars (the base of the Edge may end up over the top cap of your steerer).

Is there some shop were one can get a connector that twists in, like on the Edge 500.  The one part could perhaps be glued with epoxy to the Edge 705.

(P)P