Cycling not a team sport according to school

amdretard

It would also shift the focus of many teachers back to their jobs rather than to coaching and refereeing sports which some see as the most important role they play in the development of these youngsters.

Agreed with linnega.  At the same time, how many of the school teachers have done a (e.g.) rugby coaching course?  If I think back (and that's long ago) to my rugby days I must say we had 2 teachers.  The rest all played, 2nds, 3rds or maybe Kaas-en-Wyn teams.  What qualifies them to coach?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same problem when Bradley was at Maritzburg College(these guys do not like it if you don't play rugby or rugby or rugby) and when he was in standard seven he took up a "school sport" namely canoing. He paddled for a few months until he managed to duck and dive the master in charge but for the next few years, until he matriculated he just told them straight "Im a cyclist". He was sidelined a lot but as Jonathan said you eventually earn respect for your sport.In the annual sports awards ceremony the school even presented him with a cup for the "best non-school sport achiever" smiley5.gif Anyway, the bottom line is to stick to your guns and don't quit pedalling.School sporting colours became a huge issue as other sports including tennis received school colours even if you made the Midlands side. I pursued countless letters to the minister of education/sport in KZN and guess what? I did'nt even get a reply. smiley21.gif

The rest all played' date=' 2nds, 3rds or maybe Kaas-en-Wyn teams.  What qualifies them to coach?
[/quote']

You had a 'n Kaas-en-wyn team? Ours was the slap chips team and then you played your arse off to get in the Milky Lane team.

The rest all played' date=' 2nds, 3rds or maybe Kaas-en-Wyn teams.  What qualifies them to coach?

[/quote']

You had a 'n Kaas-en-wyn team? Ours was the slap chips team and then you played your arse off to get in the Milky Lane team.

Wat, het jy in die Slap Chips span gespeel?

I had a different problem.

Here goes.

I raced BMX with white kids. And because i was a so-called coloured, the Non White Sporting Authories gave me sh*t. People would come up to my dad and tell him how bad he was to let me compete with white kids. So my dad would just smile and say, "hey his kicking their asses, so why dont you let your kid race, so Owen can kick their ass too".My dad did what Eugene did and said stuff you guys. I was selected for Natal Schools Rugby Team, but did not go to training. I was told by many that i was wasting my time because the authorities would find out and kick me out.

Anyway, cut a long story short, Got my Springbok Colours for Bmx. How's this, after the new govt took over, I was sent Protea Colours.

So I think i had the last laugh

[/quote']

hy het in die vis-en-chips span gespeel

[/quote']

hy het in die vis-en-chips span gespeel

Ja, die slap chips was my span en was goed genog om 'n paar wedtryde vir die Milky Lane span ook te speel. Maar dit was net op die dae as die hokkie girls teen 'n ander skool gespeel het. Anders is hulle gebruik. Cry

Maar dit was net op die dae as die hokkie girls teen 'n ander skool gespeel het. Anders is hulle gebruik. Cry

hmmmm, ek mis die hokkie kyk op skool , lekker sport om te kyk en hulle dra kort rompiesWinkWink

Well hows this at my all boy retard school they made golf a sport and you could even get colors 4 it. Archey was turned down even though we only needed 3 people for a team and the 2 we already had were 1st and 2nd best in SA. Then we tried cycling and yes same thing not a team sport....

hey' date=' theres NO soccer at SA schools....

[/quote']

The school my kids attend have three soccer teams...the school is also one of the top "rugby" schools in the country, has been rated no 1 in tennis for a number of years, and has no fewer than 16 hockey teams (from u14 through u19)..they do pretty well in cricket, athletics, water polo, swimming...kids can also get colours for cycling, although it is regarded as an individual sport and kids are encouraged to join existing clubs in this regard.  The point of all of this is that there is NO compulsory participation in any sport.  I can't believe that there are still schools that force kids to do a team sport.Ouch

hmmm, well if I look at school sport fields, its rugby, cricket, no soccer marking/goals etc ... ah, I'm from the West Rand. There its now... I'm in the wrooooonnnnngggg place.

In Pretoria there is Rugby,

no wait that is a religion here,

other sport include watching rugby, talking about rugby, getting your daughter/sister/mother/wife to date and eventually sleep withe bloubul rugby player, getting tickets to loftus, insulting supporters of other rugby teams, watching rugby,