Durbanville Night Riders

Mr Legs

I passed a group of about 10 cyclists last night on Adderley road, just north of Spes Bona Road, opposite the dairy farm at about 18h40 - 18h45, you were pedalling up the hill and against the south easter and I was soloing down hill and down wind.

Who are you, do you do regular night rides, distance and ave speed?

Hi,were u riding with two lights? One on the bike and one on your helmet? I passed u going back just after that faircape gravel. Would like to ride with somebody,that's not super fit.

Yip, that was me. Couldn't miss you, with that impressive set of lights, biggest and brightest I 've ever seen on a bike. At first I thought it was a motorcycle. What make and model is it? What does it weigh, cause it sure looked big!

How often do you ride, distance and ave speed?

I ride 3-4 times a week and once on a weekend. Those are 2 magicshine lights I got from Brad. Ave speed between 20-25kph and riding time between 1:30 and 2:30. I am not fit at all so I need to ride as much as I can. I see CWCycles advertised a night ride for Wednesday from there shop. Should be good to get some distance with a group. Let me know if u will be there. Cheers Jaco

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I am also interested in joining a group to cycle with...not that fit at the moment, been travelling and havent been on my bike in 1.5 months...need to get fit for Knysna 85km... I also have a friend who might be interested as he is riding knysna with me, but we're in for the long run and not just knysna.

Mark

JOIN THE KNYSNA TOUR GROUP AND RIDE THERE AND GET FIT .READ ABOUT THE TRIP ON THE HUB.JJ

• 3 weeks later...

What a great turn out last night. The most this season so far. We had 48 riders at our night ride last night. This is a weekly ride starting at Chris Willemse Cycles every Wendesday night at 18.30.

More good news

As from Wendesday 26th May we will cater for two training groups."

18.15. This will be for the "not so fit " riders and we will have a backup service vehicle as well.

18.30. This is our normal group and will be for the riders that is fit.

Remember this is not a racing night but a training night and we NEVER leave any cyclist behind.

Please feel free to contact me on 083 6404823 should you need any more info..Regards Chris

Well done Chris. Involvement and initative from another lbs. More should follow your example.