Polar RS800 CX Comp

Marius

The CX cycle package has one speed sensor. The Team edition has the cadence aswell. If you get the G3 GPS pod you are covered on all your bikes (except cadence) and if you run and canoe you can use it aswell.

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about the watches, but I did read that the GPS can only record up to 20hours? How does that work, is the thing re-chargeable or do you have to keep on feeding it batteries? The other down side I read was that the GPS device can only record up to 56km/h I think, so that's out for cycling for me. 

I'm getting into running as well, so the food pod I'll need to get..

Do you know if the RS800 SD can support the CX Speed sensor or did they get around to make on for the SD model? I know it's intended use is Running / Multi sport if you use it's GPS thingy..

Marius

I have the RS800CX PTE and I also have the G3 GPS it can record speeds of up to 199km/h it uses 1 aa battery and has two power consumption modes, full power ofr cluttered areas where signal is weak and half which is the most common one, the gps acts the same way as the sensors do ie they gather data and transmit it to the watch which is the CPU essesntially so depending on what the rec rate you have set on the watch is the amount of memory you have. Once you download to the Pro trainer software you can clear the data and view the route on google earth or Garmin map source, then you can race against your self by resending this data to the watch when you plan to run that route again.

It is a superb product and is considered by some to be better than the Garmin devices purely from the quality of the heart rate data avalible.

Hi Lukep, re: speed / sounds good, but is the battery only good for 20hours worth of recording? That'll last me a week if I start jogging on top of my cycling, batteries are expensive so it would not make financial sense to me if that is the case.

I don't use google earth and don't care much for the routes... will have to think about it, was just thinking on getting the S3 Stride Sensor and Speed sensor and skip the GPS..

Marius, if you still do not use rechargeables in this day and age you need to cut down on your cycling expenses. One rechargeable = about 1000 normal ones. So a packet of 4 and charger will cost R200 and it will last you 4000 weeks.

BTW thank Luke for the headsup. I'm thinking about it but I already have 2 complete setups and just need something for running.

ok, I just read that again: "If speed values exceed 55 km/hour, they are divided by 10. For

example, 56 km/hour will be displayed 5.6 km/hour." -

so maybe it can record higher speeds but displays it differently?

The GPS would save me some money cuz I'd be able to use it for Road Cycling, Mtb'ing and Jogging / trail running - if I got the Speed sensor route I'd have to buy two, one for each bike and then still get the Stride sensor..

Oo, can possibly use the GPS on my track bike as well since we are not allowed to have any watches on the bikes, can just slip it into my pocket?

I have done a test I took my Polar GPS sensor and my Gramin GPS (Street pilot) and drove around with both in my car and took it up to 80km/h on the cars speedo and got a reading of +- 74km/h on my polarwhich displayed as 74/km/h on the watch and the Garmin read 75km/h the one that is least trustworthy is the cars speedo attached is the graph.

20100415_081539_Polar_ProTraine.jpg

ok' date=' I just read that again: "If speed values exceed 55 km/hour, they are divided by 10. For

example, 56 km/hour will be displayed 5.6 km/hour." -

so maybe it can record higher speeds but displays it differently?

[/quote']

On ym watch this not true it will display as 56km/h

as I said earlier the watch it the CPU and the display and has nothing to do with the GPS appart from read display and store the data sent to it.