Cycling headlamps

M Hickley

I am looking for a headlamp to do same early morning cycling. Can I hear your opinions and recommendations please?

Splat, I would still like to see a proper light on a road bike. Everybody settles for the flashing LED jobbies that help absolutely nothing.

I used my new light, like the one above for the first time early yesterday morning on my road bike. At times it was reflecting back from the fog so badly I was temporarily blinded... This is all you need on the road for sure.. It mounts tightly to the bar and I put my battery pack in an empty water bottle. My mate has a Sigma Karma and he cannot believe the brightness for buck with this thing.

splat' date=' what does one of those babies cost and where's the best place to buy it.[/quote']

Follow the link I pasted above for details and ordering info.

R1400.00 seems like great value for money.

Brad Jackson is pretty active here on The Hub and his lights were featured in the latest Tread magazine. I suppose they are aimed more towards the mtb nightride market, but after riding in yesterday's ealy morning mist in the dark, a mate of mine wants one of these for his road bike.

Very Impressed with the Magic light.Compact with very good light output, ? 700 Lumes on high( Motorist dim there lights when they see this light ).Very good service aswell,orderd the light online on Friday afternoon and recieved the light delivered to my doorstep on Monday Morning.

R1400 is a bit pricey, the cost of cycling equipment isn?t a favorite topic at home. I had a look at the Black diamond icon. I know it isn?t nearly as bright, but will it do the job?

LED Type : TriplePower (3-watt), 4 SinglePower

Lumens : 100

Max Distances : 100 m (TriplePower LED), 23 m (4 SinglePower LEDs)
Max Burn Time : 145 H (TriplePower LED), 164 H (4 SinglePower LEDs)

Batteries : 3 AA included, NRG compatible

Weight Without Batteries : 116 g, 4.1 oz

geez surfer, that works out to +- R 620 incl shipping. Is this for real? Has anyone else bought from these guys and have they had problems??

geez surfer' date=' that works out to +- R 620 incl shipping. Is this for real? Has anyone else bought from these guys and have they had problems??[/quote']

I have but takes forever.  +/- 2 - 3 months.

Mine should be here this week.

Do a search for Deal Extreme there is a thread about them.

Mixed reviews from hubbers.

From order mine took less than a month. From the day it was posted in Hong Kong - 8 working days to arrive. Have ordered twice and in both cases took around that time. Just had to pay extra R100 VAT when arrived here, but still a lot cheaper. Looks exactly like magiclights and works a treat!

slabs

I am going to order two lights.   Is ordering straight forward? 

Do you supply your home adress?

Thanks

splat' date=' what does one of those babies cost and where's the best place to buy it.[/quote']

Follow the link I pasted above for details and ordering info.

R1400.00 seems like great value for money.

Brad Jackson is pretty active here on The Hub and his lights were featured in the latest Tread magazine. I suppose they are aimed more towards the mtb nightride market, but after riding in yesterday's ealy morning mist in the dark, a mate of mine wants one of these for his road bike.

This is the real thing - just go ahead and buy one,  Great value for money.  Makes my Karma look sick.