CSA

zoonie

A while back I rant and raved about Cycling South Africa and My Race!!!

My Race still tried to help me but CSA just don't give a damn!!!

well it's official they are a bunch of IDIOTS!!!!!!!!AngryAngryAngryAngry 

I still don't have my cyclo licence !!! I 'm so cheesed off I can get on a plane and go beat someone up!!!!!!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

CSA you are a bunch of IDIOTS!!!

Hi Zoonie

It is an accepted fact that there are too many layers in the current licensing process - a situation CSA have already taken steps to address - and your particular frustration is a direct result of these layers and not the incompetence of either CSA or MyRace

For what it is worth, you card was printed in this weeks batch and you can collect it

from CGC tomorrow afternoon.   You should have received system

confirmation of this fact?

CSA you are a bunch of IDIOTS!!!

+1

Sadly sports administrators, really shouldn't. Another superb example is ASA.

I went on to CSA's site and I see mine was posted to me in February...hopefully will be here soon, will check again when I get home tonight... or maybe not. Confused

Hi Zoonie

It is an accepted fact that there are too many layers in the current licensing process - a situation CSA have already taken steps to address - and your particular frustration is a direct result of these layers and not the incompetence of either CSA or MyRace

For what it is worth' date=' you card was printed in this weeks batch and you can collect it from CGC tomorrow afternoon.   You should have received system confirmation of this fact?

[/quote']

Please explain the layers you are talking about as I have only been dealing  with you (my race) and CSA and no one else!!!!

I'm sorry but this is not acceptable!!

Were is CGC ????

And no I did not receive system confirmation on this!!!

Hi

The CGC office is in fourways you can contact them on 011 465 9635

Your club should have sorted this out, CGC has licences that clubs have not collected yet. It could be why you do not have it yet

This CSA idiot left home in Cape Town at 04h45 this morning for an 8hr meeting in Johburg, back home now, very long day. Hope things will improve, we're trying.  Would prefer to go for a nice ride rather, like you did today.

Let's rather not get started on this issue, what are they doing for us the cyclists, not a few pro's, but the majority of the people which are forced to pay licence fees, for WHAT???

Again we hear weekly of cyclists hit by cars, they cannot mention one thing which did to attempt to prevent this?

There are complaints of numbers of cyclists decreasing, what are they doing about this? 

If anything, make this visible to people which are forced to purchase their licences.

Hi

The CGC office is in fourways you can contact them on 011 465 9635

Your club should have sorted this out, CGC has licences that clubs have not collected yet. It could be why you do not have it yet
[/QUOT

does anyone have another number this one does not work!!!Angry

Speaking as a newby and this is my opinion only,

But all the various fee's you have to incur after spending a fortune to get going in this sport feels like extortion.

Thank heavens at this stage i only do this recrationally and i dont have to pay every single group that is clever enough to assing at least three initials as a name.

maybe it's time that someone starts a rival organisation?

i dont think that anybody minds an organization, as long as its effeciant and adds value to a sport.

I spearfish as well, and there are clubs and organizations etc as well. But its much more simplified. If I had to convert what the spearfishing vs cycling organizations do it would come down to the following.

Pay your club fees, the club then pays a percentage of that to the organization to register you. That registration money would be used to the benefit of not only the sport and promoting it, but the individual riders as well. i.e. in the case of mountain biking you would pay only half a registration fee for every race, and the organization would build, and support those who build tracks and being a member would either qualify you for a 75% discount for yearly permits or in some cases it would even be totally free.

I know this is not exactly the same thing, but the point I am trying to make is that is cheaper, more effeciant and I can see my registration fee's working for me as an individual, unlike most cycling organizations who seem to only benefit the pro's

I don't have my license yet either but CSA did fax me a proof of payment stating my number and that I have payed. Apparently my card will be printed with the next batch.

Yes - and don't forget CGC wanting another R75.

I am another one who thinks you are all idiots! And that arrogant bunch at CGC do nothing but wind me up.