Twist or trigger shifters

Beebster

Hi guys,

I see that SRAM have some nice X.0 twist (grip) shifters at very decent prices.  Why are they cheaper and are they any good?

Thanks

They're exactly the same as the X9 twisters. Just look a little cooler. I got the X9 ones and love them. Don't ever see myself going back to triggers.

Each to their own but I really like them and those X.0 are very good quality, I recently fitted some on my 'racing' bike/  They are cheaper than triggers because there is less to them, and more plastic.

I have had some older ones (x4 I think) on my day bike for 8+ years, not had any problems. 

don't twist shifters tend to shift when your hand slips over say a difficult tech area? or dont you struggle to shift when your hands and handles are wet?

I "Shifted" to twist for SaniC will never go back to trigger again.

It is just much more intuitive than triggers.

You can also shift up and down through lots of gears in one move.

No you don't shift up or down on bumps or anything like that, only a third of the grip actually twists.

I will be ordering my set from Kiwi in a weeks time, R250 ex postage. Currently on rapid fires.

Its seems that with twist-shifters nobody ever goes back - it seems its the black of shifters LOL

Its the same as groupset. Once you go to SRAM, you don't go back to shimano.

>>Once you go to twist you dont go back to trigger.

I've also shifted to twist X.O , from XT, so far , very happy. Front deraill could be easier, but the rear deraill is magic.

Could do with easier fine-tuning on the tension for the rear, but there the front shifter is nice in that you have something like 10 positions on the shifter, it is just that moving to middle chainring is not an absolute , so you need to get used to where it is, big and small are very easy as they are just all the way up or down in 1 move.

I'm keeping my XT shifters and rear derail as a back-up, but I don't see myself  going back.

So,  X.O are worth every bargain penny.

R250 - GOOD price, give us the details of supplier - thanks

I will be ordering my set from Kiwi in a weeks time' date=' R250 ex postage. Currently on rapid fires.

Its seems that with twist-shifters nobody ever goes back - it seems its the black of shifters LOL
[/quote']

R250 - GOOD price' date=' give us the details of supplier - thanks

?

?

?

I will be ordering my set from Kiwi in a weeks time, R250 ex postage. Currently on rapid fires.Its seems that with twist-shifters nobody ever goes back - it seems its the black of shifters LOL

that price is for Microshift which is Shimano compatible and not Sram (pronounced Sram as in pram or scram, not Es-ram or Shram)

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=MICROSHIFT%20DS85-9R

ive got the X-0  grip shifts.

they work well, but without gloves and persisting rain its hard to shift gears upwards.. bloody hand slips and then it feels like you are going to tear flesh from ur hands  at some point trying and then u just give up and keep it in the same gear and carry on ;-)

are these X.0's compatible with Shimano?   can you simply remove the rapid fire's and install these?   may need new cables of course, but otherwise it is just a straight cockpit replacement?

are these X.0's compatible with Shimano? ? can you simply remove the rapid fire's and install these? ? may need new cables of course' date=' but otherwise it is just a straight cockpit replacement?

[/quote']

for the front yes but not the rear.

The rear is 1:1 actuation ration, I think Shimano is half that.   

I find the shifting easy  ... but then I avoid mud like the plague