my softie gone all hard???!!

mark ellis

ok so i am riding a merida 96.

rode yesterday and all working fine, just sat on it now and the rear shock is hard as if the lockout was on, but its not??

pulled the lockout lever and no change?? the lever does not even stay doen in the locked position?

any ideas?

NOt sure! but it might be as simple of a problem as just replacing the cable and housing! if that doen not work take it to your lbs to have them take a look and mabe service the shock!

my softie gone all hard???!!  - sies man' date=' save that speach for the missus Tongue[/quote']

LOL

my softie gone all hard???!!  - sies man' date=' save that speach for the missus Tongue[/quote']

LOL

... so what exactly are you complaining about ...  Pig

<FONT size=3 face=Arial>my softie gone all hard???!!? - sies man' date=' save that speach for the missus Tongue[/quote']

LOL

?

... <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA" lang=EN>so what exactly are you complaining about ...? Pig</SPAN>

Dis oor sy yster, man! smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

maybe you will get lucky tonight and that will sort it out,well for a short period WinkWinkWink

But on the serious side. merida seem to do that for some reason. mine did it too. for some reason it seems to 'freeze' in the locked position but if you 'bounce' on it a bit it will loosen. hope that helps

Back to the problem.

I had a loan 96 rear shock on my bike while my DT Swiss unit was being worked on. Comparing the branded "96" shock from the 2010 bike to my DT Swiss on my 2009 bike is chalk and cheese imho, with the DT unit being far superior. I found the 96 unit would stroke once, then stiffen up completely. Adjusting the lock out made no difference. Only way to "release" it was to fiddle with the damping setting.

Fortunately, I have my DT shock back now so don't have a problem. I will be interested to see if someone has a solution to this though.

Good luck!

maybe you will get lucky tonight and that will sort it out,well for a short period WinkWinkWink

But on the serious side. merida seem to do that for some reason. mine did it too. for some reason it seems to 'freeze' in the locked position but if you 'bounce' on it a bit it will loosen. hope that helps

Hopefully it is not like a Landy tyre, that seems to go soft while driving in SandtonEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed