Newbie needs help! License

Jetdoctor

Hi Guys

Has been returning to cycling after 25 years away. Big crash, steel pins and bone grafts later smiley36.gif

Can someone help me with the different licenses and where to get them? I saw something about CSA but that seemed for the Pro's? I registered for 94.7 and had to pay R 35 for race license. I only want to do the social thing. What are my options? Would like to do a few of the local(Gauteng) rides.

Get a Cyclosport licence through your club (assuming you belong to one).

A break down of licenses available is as follows:

Full Racing License ? Events run under UCI regulation such as SA Champs, Provincial Champs and Stage Races (and the like will, as usual), require an Elite (full racing license) License. This is a Full Racing License for the RACING LICENSED categories ie Elites Men and Woman, Under 16's, Juniors, Under 23's and Vets 30, Vet 40 and Vets 50. Cost of this License for 2010 will be R300. The 2010 Full Racing License will be Multi Disciplined.

Cyclosport License - A License card will be issued and license holders will be required to be a member of a club or a member of their provincial body (ie. CGC, Pedal Power Association). The price for a Cyclo-Sport License is R75,00. This license is Multi Disciplined, ie. Valid for Road, MTB, BMX and Track, where applicable.

Your club subscriptions should include your affiliation fee to CGC (Central Gauteng Cycling) of R75.00 (this from CycleLab)

Hi Gays

Has been returning to cycling after 25 years of marriage. Big crash' date=' steel pins and bone grafts later smiley36.gif

Can someone help me with the different licenses and where to get them? I saw something about SPCA but that seemed for the Pro's? I registered for 94.5 Good Hope FM and had to pay R 35 for race license.Can u believe it? I only want to do the social thingy. What are my options? Would like to do a few of the vocal(Gauteng) rides.[/quote']

Yes welcome back after the long time.You will pick up quickly and get strong again.