eggbeater and candy pedals take our years of experience and combines

them with modern day execution and precision. We've packed these with

new features: a new, stronger spindle, a combination of needle and

cartridge bearings, press-fit assembly, and optional traction sleeves to

customize the cleat/shoe interface.

Oh ? and a 5 year warranty, too."

20100416_012816_newsletter-temp.jpg

http://www.crankbrothers.com/pedals_eggbeater.php

When will it be available locally and how much?

So, what do you think?

Shamus you old dog, you been holding out on us here, when can we expect arrival in SA? Cost?

I just hope that this new line won't require rebuilds as often as the current range, The cost of keeping CB pedals running smoothly is starting to steer me away from their pedals.

I just hope that this new line won't require rebuilds as often as the current range' date=' The cost of keeping CB pedals running smoothly is starting to steer me away from their pedals.[/quote']

With you swaer, can't afford a rebuilt every 1000km to be honest. Lets see what Shamus says

How do you guys ride your bikes?? I do roughly 150km a week and have not needed to a rebuild in 2 years...

I am on Eggbeater SL's

Im with daemon, what with the rebuilding ? I dont ride that much or in such bad conditions but mine are still kief !

Is it milage, mud and water, or rider weight ? Perhaps using a jetwash in them getting water into the bearings ?

ok ok ok ek en macks is vetties daar het julle dit, is julle nou happy Wink

Seriously though they do want a bit more tlc than normal pedals but they are pimp so who the hell cares, I would rather have eggbeaters or candy's than spd's and they are maintenance free in comparison to the cb pedals.

Im a weight weenie, but never mind the weight, these are the only pedals that clip and unclip in in any type of mud.  Thats why I use them.  Im riding while the shimano guys are scraping mud off their shoes haha

That is another + indeed, they have fantastic mud clearance. Also the attention to detail on the new pedals are amazing, same like the cobalts mackie just got, even the spokes have detail on them....awesome bling and the freewheel sounds like a dynamo when it comes down a hill, you can hear a cb freewheel a mile away.

Im a weight weenie' date=' but never mind the weight, these are the only pedals that clip and unclip in in any type of mud.? Thats why I use them.? Im riding while the shimano guys are scraping mud off their shoes haha[/quote']

Ja, but I'm riding while you're scraping mud off your bike smiley36.gif

Shamus you old dog' date=' you been holding out on us here, when can we expect arrival in SA? Cost?[/quote']

probably available in about a month or so.

not sure on the pricing until they land, but the Eggbeater 11 will be expensive

Smile

I just hope that this new line won't require rebuilds as often as the current range' date=' The cost of keeping CB pedals running smoothly is starting to steer me away from their pedals.[/quote']

there are many things I like about working with Crank Brothers, 1 of the things I like most is that they will acknowledge a issue and find a solution.

Roller bearings vs. bushings in the Eggbeater 3 and 11, should solve the questions regarding rebuilds