Tell us what your CP30 is on an Indoor Trainer

capeofstorms

It would be interesting to know what the average critical power over 30 minutes is for the hubbers on an indoor trainer

Is'nt that a universal translator droid? :-)

A dyslexic one.

I haven't done a CP30 test on my IDT since last year September. At the time it was 250W @ 79kg.

Since then, I've lost 5kg and I estimate I've improved my FTP by at least 10%.

Mampara's IQ is the meaning of life? Wow, I underestimated him.

Lukep, the CP30 test is a convenient way to get an estimate of your functional threshold power. Ideally, you'd estimate FTP from a 60min flat out time trial, but this is difficult and time-consuming. CP30 has been shown to be a very good approximation.

If you're training based on power, FTP is used to determine your power zones. Have a read here:

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/power411.aspx

..you'd estimate FTP from a 60min flat out time trial' date=' but this is difficult and time-consuming...

[/quote']

it is not supposed to be easy, if 60min on the bike is time consuming, do you ever have long rides on a weekend like 2/3/5hours?

I cant think of a happier place to "waste" time than on the bike!  I can think of a boring place though, on the bike on the trainer! Wink

I tend to do my FTP tests during the week and a 60min TT, including proper warm-up and cool down would take over 2hrs, which is more time than I have to spare.

The difficulty is two-fold: it's hard for many people to stay focused and motivated for 60min of hard, non-competition, riding. It can also be hard to find a conveniently located course where you can ride for 60min flat out without stopping (and the IDT is suicidally boring for constant efforts).

and the IDT is suicidally boring for constant efforts

Thats why the invented portable dvd players, large screen tv's and electric fans Wink