Which road pedals?

Newboy

Currently riding shimano pedals on my Cervelo. The left one is giving me endless hassles, always making some kind of sound. LBS stripped it and fixed it, was fine for a while but starting up again.

I want to replace the. Any suggestions on new ones? Not Shimano again.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time. Or if you want something better get  time.

Thanks. I ride Time on the MTB and love them. Which model for the road?

What about speedplay?

Apparently they are quite knee friendly.

Any comments.

Yip, but at over R1000 a pair and R250 a pair of cleats, not very wallet fiendly. What about Crankbrother Quatros?

In disguise at the springbok training sessions....not surprised you did not recognise him!!

I bought a pair of speedplay zeros to try out 3 years ago. They have been super! I upgraded my other bike to them soon after.

Pros:

Adjustable float, or can be locked to have no float at all

Double sided entry, clipping in is a breeze.

Low mass

Lots of cornering clearence, shoe scrapes before pedal

Cons:

Had to replace the clip/spring on one of the cleats. Not too bad considering it saw lots of miles.

The bottom of the cleat is aluminium, and scratches easily if walked on. I bought some speedplay cleat covers which solved that problem.
Christie2007-07-16 08:05:10

Lots of cornering clearence' date=' shoe scrapes before pedal

[/quote']

plse tell me that you are not talking from personal experience here!

Im too scared to lean that far into a corner!

I have had 2 crashes (A Didata rider switched me in Edenval race last year, & some red & white barrier tape fluttering in the wind grabbed the handlebar on a training ride the year before that) where I fell sideways and did not unclip the foot on the side I fell to. Shoe scraped, not pedal. This is not good when crashing, replacing shoes more expensive than replacing pedalsUnhappy

call me a retard (and i know you're gonnaLOL) but why time? i run them on my road bike - never run anything else - but i have hassles getting into them.

Even though I lost the SA Speedplay agency - Speedplay X series are the best after 25 years of cycling behind me and many pedals.