Volcan vs Morewood Zula

koukie

Ek kyk na 'n nuwe ds raam, ek het die topic gesien oor yeti morewood en volcan. Dit lyk soos die morewood wat "wen". Ek hou van altwee. Die Volcan fs pro raam kos R23500 (R21000 kontant) en die morewood is R16500. Altwee gaan op die einde amper dieselfde kos omdat vir die morewood ek 'n nuwe seatpost en headset moet koop. 

Kan enige iemand die besluit makliker maak?  

Thanks for the comment. I know the morewood is something like 2.4-5 kg what does other dual suspensions weigh in the same price range, like the Giant Anthem, specialized epic (alloy) etc. Does anybody know the weight of the volcan fs pro frame?

Thanks for the comment. I know the morewood is something like 2.4-5 kg what does other dual suspensions weigh in the same price range' date=' like the Giant Anthem, specialized epic (alloy) etc. Does anybody know the weight of the volcan fs pro frame?

[/quote']

Depends what size you need.

My Zula size Large weighed in at 2740 grams Cry

SwissVan are there any negative things you can say about your Zula except the weight, everybody seems to love the Zula.

My Santa Cruz Superlight (M) weighed in at 2.56kg, ex headset but including FD. Koukie, the only other frame I would go to is Morewood! Maybe it's because I live in PMB and they are simply a master piece! I can not see the Volcan weighing less then 2.3kg ... They are all in the same weight class in my mind but other than a SC, I would take the Morewood!

SwissVan are there any negative things you can say about your Zula except the weight' date=' everybody seems to love the Zula. [/quote']

No nothing negative wrt to the actual frame and performance of the bike.

I'm comparing it to my 2004 specilaized S Work Epic and it compares very well. Have not had much riding time on the Morewood yet but so far Thumbs%20Up

Only negatives was the lengthy delivery (4 months) and a slight blemish or 2 with the paint job.

I purchased a morewood on saturday, and after riding yesterday, I can say that I am truely impressed.

The guys at rush sports were fantastic!!

I have 09 Volcan FS2 awesome ,comes with carbon crank, xtr rear, xt front etc,  changed small bits and its weighs around 10.9kg, quality parts and frame. Keen to compare Morewood Zula price and weight.

No comparison - Morewood gives you XC get up and go but handles like a trail bike on the DH.

Zula punches way above its catagory - and its proudly SA!!!! Thats more than enough reason!

I hear what you are saying about S.A products and loyalty is great but there are some rubbish S.A products that I would not support.  Morewood though does sound like a quality product , so I'm asking a Zula for R30k what sort of parts would you get with it and what would it weigh , that's what counts?

All i can says is that morewood is a great product,What patrick has done with his DH bike has been wonderfull.His is really focusing on marathon and xc bikes now and it shows.

I would not worry to much about morewoods frame weight as they ride really well.

I rode for him in 2006 and got my best results ever and the bike weighed in at 11.6 kg .My racing weight then was 62kgs. In elietes we got a 6th,11th,3rd and 5th and were 2nd overall for the year. Not bad for his first prototype frame.

Here a photo for you guys!

20100423_024451_Graphic4.jpg

My Zula:

Large black frame

XT (FD+RD)

2007 XT shifters

2007 Avid juicy 7

FSA K-Force light carbon crank

Hope II with DT Swiss XR4.2

Thompson post

Ritchey WCS CARBON bar

Fox 32 100mmRL

Maxiss Crosmark UST

Total weight: 11.4kg and you can still save allot of weight!!Thumbs%20Up

My paint job is perfect!

Quality is perfect!

Customer service perfect!

My Zula:

Fox F100 RLC 100mm

FOX RP23

Sram X0 shifters and RD

Sram x9 FD

Sram Noir crank with carbon arms

Avid juicy ultimate - carbon levers

Easton CNC bar and seatpost

Ritchy carbon headset

ZTR Olympic wheels with ringle flea hubs

kenda small block 8

That sounds awesome, what sort of price would that be + -  and what does yours weigh Zula??

Any agents in JHB?