Shimano 105 Cassette

Ha Ha Kieran

Hello there Hubbers

Got a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbones with a SRAM Red Cassette on them. The fit is great. However.... Got a 105 cassette to train with. The spacing between the teeth are identical but there is a gap of about 1-2 mm when I put the 105 Cassette on the free hub body. Is the 105 narrower overall than a SRAM Red or Dura Ace cassette?

I have two second hand bikes with 105 cassettes on. One was rocking and slightly loose even though the lock nut was torqued correctly, so I stripped both and found a spacer on the one and obviously missing from the other.  Fitted a ceramic washer I had lying around and now it is fine.  Could be your problem?

I checked that all the spacers seem to be there unless theres a spacer that fits on the freehub body before the intitial piece ot the cassette goes on?

Bleeh! Ha ha if only the SRAM Red cassette was more durable ha ha ha

Guest Big H

There should be no difference at all. Any Sram, Shimano, BBB or any other cassette should fit on a Shimano type freehub. You have most likely left out something somewhere. Go and look on the Shimano website and make use of the technical notes they have there. Enter your cassette type or part number  in the search block and go and look.

STOP being so lazy and use your computer.

The link below is for the technical papers of the CS 5600 10 speed cassette

You sure you have part no 14 in?????

Interesting - I've noticed a bit of a wobble/play on with my 105 cassette if I have the bike upside down and the rear wheel spinning pretty fast after giving it a few pedal strokes. I'm going to take off the cassette and check if that spacer is there.