Doping

An3

smiley21.gif

I competed in the Nigel Suikerbosrand MTB race today.

The 75km was tough but well organised.

A friend of mine overheard a family discussing their son's steroid usage. The person discussed finished under the top 10. I can understand that you want to win but doping should be taken very seriously. Please guys and girls - keep it real.

Guest Agteros

Scott CR1 it might be an option to let CSA know about the person in question so they they can target him/her and what needs to be done.

Guest Big H
smiley21.gif

I competed in the Nigel Suikerbosrand MTB race today.
The 75km was tough but well organised.
A friend of mine overheard a family discussing their son's steroid usage. The person discussed finished under the top 10. With a R60k prize for the winner' date=' I can understand that you want to win but doping should be taken very seriously. Please guys and girls - keep it real.[/quote']

I would say that either you or your friend now has the moral obligation to report what you heard. Visit this website for more info.....

and see this....

This is sad! What is up with parents pushing there kids so far? I played first team rugby at a JHB school for 3 years. Half the team were taking Testosterone injections or other steriods and the coach was pressing the rest of us to take them as well.

Where are the morals of society going that parents are forcing their children to cheat! I think that its disgusting! Its so bad that they not even trying to keep it quiet!

This is really sad to hear, but I hope he is reported and dealt with, there is now place for such people in our wonderfull sport.

They are pissing away the little bit of a good name cyclist still have with the public (if at all) and it isn't fair that others who put time, money and effort into their training are robbed of good results and even maybe prizes or publicity for their sponsors.  

And then parents want to know why their children keel over of a heart attack before they reach 25 - 30. Do they not know what they are doing to their children's lives?

Bloody irresponsible.

If I had to hear people discussing this topic...I don't think I'd be able to keep my mouth shut.

Glad you're going to report them anonymously.

Gauteng North Provincials this weekend (with a very poor turnout I might add) and drug free sport where there doing testing.

They should be a hell of a lot more visible at our races. Road and MTB

R60K prize for 1st place finisher ? sh*t and the Argus was like 20K for the pro's...

No wonder there was doping involved. A untested race with such a price up for grabs...

R60K prize for 1st place finisher ? sh*t and the Argus was like 20K for the pro's...No wonder there was doping involved. A untested race with such a price up for grabs...

I think my family should take up mountain biking instead....with this kind of money being thrown at it.

Hi All

Suddenly I've had my doubts about my statement on the Prize Money. I do not like it when I'm wrong but it turns out that I was way off. Phoned one of the organizers. Prize money for 75km winner was R500. Sorry smiley24.gif