Training rides from Cedar Square?

Greetings all,

I am new to this forum, and to Gauteng. Also need to get used to the altitude here!

Is there anyone who is keen to start regular training rides on either Saturday or Sunday mornings (or both) from Cedar Square (Cedar Rd, 4Ways) out to Kyalami and back - Just an idea of a route and totally open to suggestions.

I am also keen on MTB so looking for training partners for laps of Northern Farm.

I am just getting back into the sport after 6 months off, so will be keen for slow long rides starting from 40 then 60 and build to 100k.

Short term goals are the 94.7 and keen on the dome to dome as a training event.

Anyone in the area keen? No need to be expert, just need to love riding and take it easy attitude...

Marktd, join amateur and her group down south during the weekends.  Excellent riding.

Thanks for the info.

The south is too far if you mean the south of JHB. But might make the trip now and then for variation.

I am keen to start the group rides myself, there must be some amatures/ novices/returning riders in the north who are keen to get out there and ride especially with "summer classics" just around the corner.

Now is a good time to get the base miles in!

Marktd

Your suggested route is not a good one at all. I live in Kyalami and the road from Cedar Square to Kyalami is a shocker. There is no emergency lane, the actual road is full of potholes and cars fly on it with no regard for cyclists.

Why dont you rather come and join us for a ride at Cyclelab. Winter times at the moment leave from the lab at 7am (saturday and sunday) with groups from A down to a D and then a beginners clinic. Average distance is around 75km with the D group riding it at 22-24 km/h. The route acutally goes straight past Cedar Square so it is definitely in the area that you are looking at. PM me if you want more details.

Hi Marktd

I stay in Craigavon :) Would like to join you one of these days but is racking up the km's at the moment :) Jinx, my wive need to get into the thing again and I will ask her :)

But please let me know when you hit +- 100 km. Got some nice routes that I can show you :)

narra

Narra

Share some of those nice routes - getting a bit bored of doing the cradle every weekend

Hi I'll cycle with you on Saturday we can do an easy 40km on a not to hectic road and not to busy either , the next time we can do a bit more hills also need to get ready for 94.7 and I have 2 friends that I'll ask if they want to come with.

Let me know

What software gives you this info?

The graph is Polar but the red bits I did with Photoshop.

Narra

I did ride on saturday but not with the HiQ guys. I was a bit further back with the C group

What group was the HiQ guys. I joined Cedar at Uranium(Car Dealership), looked back and saw a group and looked in front of me and saw a group. Not part of CycleLab but do ride sometimes with them for a bit of the way.

What ave speed do you cover the cradle route in? That will tell you which CLab group you could ride with.

We do 81 km from Cyclelab past the Lion Park, past Avianto and then back.