Buying a MTB for the GirlFriend - Help?

JaMMeX

Hey Guyz and Galz...

So my SO is keen on getting a bike, she dont want to spend more then R2500K and I would like something with Front Shox with lock out.

I have been told that I could get a Silverback or Giant Boulder or Renegade (think thats what he said)...

Any help would be appreciated... what's a good bike to buy?
JaMMeX2007-07-17 05:40:57

I once bought a MTB for a GF....sold it a week later..

In anycase..the boulder is a good buy. It doesnt have lockout, but I will never trust the lockout in that price range. Otherwise take a look at the trek 3900.

Have to agree on the Boulder . Good bike , not even my laaitie could break it . But for a real good bike .............. get a Raleigh .

Have to agree on the Boulder . Good bike ' date=' not even my laaitie could break it . But for a real good bike .............. get a Raleigh .[/quote']

Well the one shop told me about the Raleigh Ridge... Im no Raleigh Fan!

You guys heard of a Titan?

Excuse my silly questions haahha RM?
JaMMeX2007-07-17 02:39:59

Have to agree on the Boulder . Good bike ' date=' not even my laaitie could break it . But for a real good bike .............. get a Raleigh .[/quote']

Shocked DR saying something good about a giant...LOLWinkCry

Shocked

Yes..the titans are not bad. Its got a decent lockout fork and its also 24sp. Its sells for about R2100? But I'll rather buy the Boulder, simply because you get a decent warranty.

smiley36.gif I am running outta friends !!!

RM is the model of the bikes . Go to www.raleigh.co.za . The RM would be their XC racing Hardtails , while the RDS would be the Dual Suspension ..... These other funny Raleigh's you get from PicknPay and Makro are great for commuting but not so good for racing .

You guys are the best and I would be lost with out you! Im going to go look at the Bolder at lunch time, will take a pic an post the specs!

Apreciate all your help!

I would rather swop a girl friend for a Mtb.smiley26.gif   Girl Friends are easier to get,smiley16.gif but are more expensive in the long run (eventually you have to run from them. Women, jealous creatures)   smiley2.gif

You just need to train them well from day one ! on the second day it will be to late and you may as well hand over your wallet !