Buying a MTB for the GirlFriend - Help?

JaMMeX

The Giant's are really nice entry level bikes.  I had the Rincon, 1 model up from the boulder.  I didn't manage to break it which says a lot for me. In the year and a half that I had it the poor thing hardly got washed and I think only serviced once.  I used it both on and off road and had absolutely NO problems with it!

Just remember to shop around.  A lot of places have the same bikes but with different price tags.  I got mine from City Cycles in Canal Walk because they were R300 cheaper than any other shop at the time!

which bike you talking about Dirt-Rider?

Best i can get on the boulder is R2100.00

yeah.... its looking like the boulder... she is very excited....

I like the Scotts, but this one does not grab my attention.. the Giant seems more bang for your bucks...

Jammmex, tell her congrats. And if someone looks down on you because it's a cheap(er) bike, stuff them. All that counts is getting out and having fun.

That looks great. Best of luck with the bike and the girlfriend. You've just solved all your birthday/christmas/valentines day present buying problems forever; component upgrades and cooler cycling kit from now on out!

Thanks guys!!!

She is going to paying for it! I just bought her the helmet and some bits in the end!! hehe ;)

Now i can buy some more for me..... hehe
JaMMeX2007-07-17 08:00:04

Thanks all for the help and input!

She is so excited... haha, and well now I guess its time to hit some trails... maybe well see some of you in the future..

thanks again for all the help!

She might have paid for the bike now BUT boy O boy you going to pay in the long run.....hehehehehe

She might have paid for the bike now BUT boy O boy you going to pay in the long run.....hehehehehe

He probably will pay in the long term, but I reckon the benefits will be worth it. Think about it:

- girlfriend getting fit, hot, and dirty with you on your favourite trail, what could be better? (apart from fit, hot girlfriend getting dirty with you after riding your favourite trail ;)

Bwahahhahaahahhahah you guys hahahahaha

Yeah man, its cool for them to join... but the boyz still have there days of hittin the dirt alone...