CYCLIST SUPPORTING ENGEN

cyclewife

Engen's latest advertisement asks motorists to respect cyclists. Hallelujah! A big corp taking the initiative to raise awareness for the cycling community.

Thank you Engen!

It was all over twitter & facebook yesterday.

A FaceBook page "Cyclist supporting Engen" was started to show Engen that our community appreciates what they've done.

Join other cyclists and show your support by becoming a member.

CYCLISTS SUPPORTING ENGEN

Big Corps don't do anything if they don't think it will improve sales....let's hope they don't stop here...and they do MORE for cyclist safety awareness....

Something that in fact our cyclists themselves should be doing...but what a battle to get them to support causes/initiatives.

"Engen's latest advertising campaign calls on motorists to respect cyclists on the road."

I'm afraid this will only happen when the cyclists start respecting motorists and the laws of the road. Bit catch 22 here. A good starting point would be the guys that does the Engen-to-Engen in the mornings.

• 3 months later...

Just filled up both cars for the week and I made usre to go teh extra distance to get to an Engen.

Thank you Engen for supporting Cyclists

I thinkg, with Pick & Pay having those drive safe adds, not sure if they still do those. But they could help by doing the ads in a direction of how to hanlde a situation, ie making it more educational than informative.

Awesome. I see their little van outside our office block quite often - although they don't carry "Think Bike" stickers. Sorry, BP, you've lost my custom because I'm terribly modern-minded and ecologically conscious (ha!). One day motorists will realise a) they have to get bikes too because there's no more oil (interesting that Engen isn't scared to support a cause that directly affects their business), and B) their kids are going to inherit one stuffed-up world through their ego-driven 4 X 4 mentality.

Our company insist we use Shell as they have some agreement there :angry:

Of course that is with my corporate card, my wife fills up at Engen (OK so it happens just to have a Woolworths shop so she picks up our daily goodies there) :)