stage 9 - profile

pastapouch

20070717_032829_TDF_Stage_9big.gif

lets top all the figthing...Big%20smile and talk cycling again...  anyway

don't like this at all. basically 2 uphills and 2 downhills.Confused Who stages a stage looking like this.

Even worse , who'll win a stage like this. Savodelli looks rather disappointing. Maybe the young german Gerdeman...Shleck, Sastre????

Doubt Kloden/Vino will win this...

All the ?heads of state? (alas Owen) will be together and Valverde is going to take the sprint Thumbs%20Up

rasmussen's gonna go up the last hill fastest then descend like a demon and take the stage and wrap up the tour 

You mean we gonna see chickens fly again LOL

LOLLOLLOLwait till nando's advertising guys get hold of rasmussenLOLLOLLOL 

I think we're going to see an "" escapade" (copyright Paul Sherwin) today; the fact that they go up the Col de I'Iseran right off the bat might allow for quite a substantial break to form (timewise); I think all the main contenders will wait for the Col du Galibier to do some sorting out.  

mayo' date=' mayo, mayo[/quote']

so you reckon he's gonna be 1st, 2nd and 3rd? that'll be a new tdf record!LOL

This stage was designed for Savodelli.....sad he doesn't look like he's in form......

My money is on Satre or Valverde

A big break can stay clear after the first climb if it contains a few contenders, this could be a big day for a potential winner to get a lead with three flatter stages and the TT to come. expect big things from Vino, if he doesnt go today, he may have left it too late.

well, I had a look at the standings just now, Hincapie, 20 minutes behind. they might just let him go as he won't be allowed anything more than 10 minutes. The only other guy far out who can climb(and decent for this stage) is Savodelli, and hes in bad shape. So for me its Hincapy or a suprise winner.

considering the amt of work that will have to be done for the rest of the week - I reckon Rasmussen just needs to defend rather than go out and give it horns today.

I'd probably put my money on Hincapie or one of the other "hungry for victory" riders.

All the “heads of state” (alas Owen) will be together and Valverde is going to take the sprint Thumbs%20Up

Except for the one dark spot in my crystal ball – my prediction was spot on Big%20smile

But I don’t mind that little blunder ClapClapClap