RadioShack's inhouse dope controls in question?

Tumbleweed

Seems pretty uncontroversial, zero tolerance which is what i would have expected.

"If that test is positive the rider will be removed from the team," RadioShack said in a statement. "Team RadioShack and its management take this incident very seriously. We will respect the rights of our rider but will enforce our zero-tolerance policy should his B sample test positive."

This will make a better topic

Olympic 400m champion LaShawn Merritt positive for testosterone. The testosterone was in a penis enlargement product that he was taking. I am not sure if I would use that as my excuse!

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/olymp...0423-thc9.html

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two-year ban, said: "To know that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around

This will make a better topic

?

<DIV id=post_message_191346>Olympic 400m champion LaShawn Merritt positive for testosterone. The testosterone was in a penis enlargement product that he was taking. I am not sure if I would use that as my excuse![color=#58307c">http://www.theage.com.au/sport/olymp...0423-thc9.html[/color">

?

The 23-year-old American' date= who faces a two-year ban, said: "To know that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
[/quote]

At least he's breaking the stereotype of the black males, err, prowess.

Ok before you start to defend LA, I am not having a go at him...Not having any insight into the pro riding ranks, is it not very hard to live and train with someone and not know if they are involved in something illegal. Or as everyone outside of the ranks thinks, that it is so widely used that it has become so accepted. I can't believe that Radioshack would allow it to happen and live with the negative press, so early into its involvement.

interesting is the offencing rider rode for DISCOVERY, which also was a Bruneel/LA initiative.  At this level doping is not accidental or once off, but often habitual.  Furthermore, riders that get caught are normally "off the reserve" and have taken ADDITIONAL measures without the team doctors directions of knowledge.  Something like, if one pill is good, five must be better.  THe business of sport nutrition is very cutting edge.

What I find most interesting is that sometimes te drugs don't work. He finished 100andnothingth.

The damaging PR will probably be to Chinese - their first real pro cyclist and national champ.

What exactly does this have to do with LA? Lancey has probably not spend a single night in the same hotel as this nobody.

Guest Big H

What I find most interesting is that sometimes te drugs don't work. He finished 100andnothingth.

The damaging PR will probably be to Chinese - their first real pro cyclist and national champ.

What exactly does this have to do with LA? Lancey has probably not spend a single night in the same hotel as this nobody.

Most people cannot handle it that Lance is the best there ever was. It will take many years for any of the cyclists out there to get to the standard that Lance set in world cycling. Even some of the young cyclists are kakking in their pants becuase of the presemce of old Lance in the peleton.

But ja ..... he gets blamed for everything.... selfs as die kat kleintjies kry...... wait no he CANNOT be blamed for that can he??????

Any idea what the outcome of this was?????